gincoleaves

Donnerstag, November 30, 2006

I Spy With My Little Eye!

This is only one of the many old mansions here in
Switzerland, owned by rich and influencial
people - once apon a very long time.
These people are all gone now, and most of these mansions
are now occupied by offices and Dentist's or Doctor's rooms.
This particular old house is situated just around the corner
from where we live, and I will pass it everyday when I take Fuji
for her daily exercise.
I took this picture 3 weeks ago when the trees were still
covered in leaves. There is a grapevine growing over the
white wall, but above that is a quince tree which caught
my eye - click on the pic to see the quinces hanging from
the tree. Last Friday I walked passed this old house again and I saw
something against the wall of the house - looking directly
your way - a beautiful sun face, not a colourful work of art,
but made only of cement or something other.
This morning I walked passed the old house again, and I
thought to myself "Now don't forget to write something
about this, you've got the pictures all ready to go!"
I turned around to have another look - that's when I saw 2
half moon faces just below the sun face.
I will have another look tomorrow and next week, perhaps I will
discover something else I've overlooked about this house.

4 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

That is one beautiful old building. Ilove to explore old buildings, you can quite often, feel the past in them

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Lovely, I love these old buildings, every town has one or two.....and I wish they gave tours.

The face must be cut right into the side of the building huh. How wonderful....Have you ever been inside?

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Ginco said...

Keewee: I get that feeling whenever we visit certain places in England - ghosts of the past I guess!

Nea: I've never been inside this house, but on many occasions the door is wide open and I can see the interior (renovated ofcourse) I'm always amazed at the high ceiling and the narrow entrance of these old houses.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

Wow! Gorgeous pictures !!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home