gincoleaves

Sonntag, November 26, 2006

Comfort tart while PC is getting a telling off!

Something isn't Kocher with my PC and it's doing my head in.
On Saturday morning I switched on - and after all the commotion
of the past week, I expected to go on-line, but once again
there was a problem, so I had to sit tight until Mr. CC got
back from work to see what could be done. Eventually I
managed to go on-line, and place a few comments on
various blogs, but on Sunday morning, the old problem of not
going on-line was back.
This is worse than having toothache, it comes and goes!

After lunch we took the dog for a walk and then the battle
with the PC started again. So while Mr. CC was tinkering around
I decided to bake an Apple crumble tart.
I've had this recipe for a number of years now,
it's a quick and easy tart to make and it's also the very own
version of Mrs. Barbara Bush (Mother of US president George
W. Bush)

Here is Fuji waiting for the next lick of whipped cream (click on
to see the cream on her snout )

APPLE & ALMOND CRUMBLE TART

75gr margarine

150gr flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

100gr sugar

salt

2ml ground cinnamon

1ml ground nutmeg

4 or 5 large apples - peeled and cut into slices

Cook the cut apples and add the spices - I like to add about

1 tablespoon honey to the apples and a little vanilla essence.

In a seperate bowl combine flour, sugar, spices and the baking

powder.

Cut the margarine into this mixture till crumbly.

Mound cooked apples in a greased pie plate.

Sprinkle the flour & margarine mixture over the apples.

Sprinkle chopped almonds over the top and bake in a preheated

oven, 170°C untill golden brown.

Serve warm with cream!

Hooo, I won't be looking at supper tonight.

Enjoy!!!!

7 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Mmmmm that tart does look rather yummy, I will sure give it a try sometime. Jeepers not being able to go online - now that's not good - lol. Blogging is my "fix" and if i don't get to do it, well then I have had it!!! Hope you had a nice weekend though otherwise!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

can you not get broadband???

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Katt said...

I'm surprised you miss SA from time to time, Ginco. Your PC problems sound like the ones we have here too. Maybe it's a PC thing and not a country thing.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

The tart looks gorgeous, but sadly, as someone who has just been diagnosed as diabetic, it's a no go for me, boo hoo.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

NMOTB: I'm afraid to say, I've become a computer junkie, LOL!!

STEVE: First "she" screamed Modem, but I can't hear what she wants now - she's going to the computer Dr. tomorrow.

KATT: Go easy here, don't get me started, LOL!!!

BAZZA: Good to see you again, but I'm sorry to hear this - you just take care now!!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

Aha! This looks yummy !!
But I want to know, must you post the pics to torture the poor souls like me who cant bake even the simplest of the things ? ;-)

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Fuji looks adorable with the pie a very close second. Mmmmmm

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home