gincoleaves

Montag, November 13, 2006

Hallo Again!

Good morning everyone, I'm home and dry again!
It would have been a Royal treat to be driven back
to Bloggerville in this stretch Limousine, but unfortunately
the driver of the Limo refused to brave the pouring rain and
the Highway to Hell.
I must apologize for the poor quality of this picture, but
with so much rain, it's no wonder everything is just one blur.
Much later that evening we took the road that leads us home,
and I was amazed at the suicidal behaviour of many motorists
on the Highway.
For crying out aloud, why are people so downright irresponsible?
Motorists were literally flying across the Highway, overtaking
cars at breakneck speed and others were weaving through the
heavy traffic like basket weavers.
It baffles me how anyone could see the road ahead, with
a heavy rainfall almost blinding your vision, even though the
windscreen wipers were doing overtime!
It was a * Nightmare on Elm street * trip that lasted just
over an hour, but I was ever so pleased to arrive home
safely and soundly!!

10 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Ohhhhhhh that does look like a downpour. I do not like driving in the rain, it makes me feel very out of control. And like you, I mistrust the intent of the drivers who seem to have a death wish and want to take me with them. I prefer to be on dry land when driving. I made a trip from Louisiana to georgia one time and it rained the whole trip, 12 hours of driving in a downpour next to very large truck tossing water at me the whole way. It was my worst nightmare.....

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Don't know where you have been, but glad you are home safe and dry..... :):)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

rain rain go away
come again another day
:-))

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Katt said...

Yay! Ginco is back... and judging by the picture that feat was nothing short of a miracle.

Glad you are back, and in one piece.

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Nea, that 11/2 hour was rough on my poor nerves, I couldn't endure a 12 hour nightmare like you had.
I was still fanning around at 2 am
this morning, and then decided to blog, haahaha! I was so dosey, I forgot to mention we were in Zürich, I really shouldn't make a habit of this - LOL!! :-)

Sigma, I love the rain - but please not on a crazy Highway! :-)

Thanks Katt, I am happy to be home again! :-)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Pic sums up the weather perfectly... ;)

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

Glad your home safe and sound ginco
it loos as though the heavens had well and truly opened

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Glad you are back safe and sound.

I too love the rain, one of my favourites is to sit by a window during a vicious storm or under a covered verrandah (when not too cold), and watch the rain. But driving in pouring rain is not fun at all.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

I like that picture!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Fink: I still think the limo would have looked nicer standing in the sunshine, LOL!

Tina: And not a trace of rain the following day, :-)

Lillian: Watching the pouring rain can be very relaxing, but not on the Highway, :-)

Kevin: Welcome back!!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home