gincoleaves

Samstag, November 25, 2006

Disaster Area!!


This is what my peaceful little computer corner looked like since the
beginning of the week.

I doubt if anyone will believe the ridiculous and confusing story
that happened to us the last few days.

Since last Sunday I've had problems going on-line, after a 5 hour
battle, I finally managed to post my last entry, and on
Monday morning the computer was as dead as a Dodo!

When we finally discovered that the trouble-shooter was the
MODEM - the problems and confusion only started.

We bought a new Modem and installed it - only to find that the
blistering thing was defect.

The kaput Modem was taken back to the hardware store, situated
on the other side of town, and new Modem No. 2 was brought home
to be installed - will anyone believe me when I tell you that Modem
No. 2 was ALSO defect?! I AM NOT KIDDING!!!

So the following day the broken thing was taken back to the shop to
be replaced - ONCE AGAIN.

The nit-wit salesman REFUSED to except a defect Modem - would
you believe this?
When Mr.CC opened the box to remove the Modem, there was also a
small white box inside - containing a cable, but because the little
white box was slightly ripped or torn by Mr. CC, our nit-wit salesman
refused to exchanged the modem.
A little white box - 3inch x 4inch!

I am so sorry I wasn't there in the shop at the time because I would
have wrapped the little white box around the bloke's ears!
I'm getting mad all over just writing this stupid story.

When things like this happen , I ask myself "Where the bleeding
hell am I actually living, at the foot of the Himalayas?!"

I'm posting a picture of my disaster corner, because we were told
that we might have a problem with the cables or plugs.
Everything was checked and re - checked, there wasn't a
problem with neither cables nor the plugs.
A few months ago I wrote the story about exchanging a 6 week old
(brand new computer) also defect - but because we destroyed the box
containing the new computer, we had to pay a chilly 100.00 Swiss Frank "fine"
before we could exchange the defect computer - is this for real?? Oh yes it is, if
you're living in the wonderful land of chocolates and cheese!!
I'm spitting mad about all of this, but I'm very pleased to be on-line
again.


1 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I am glad you are back. It really is a big pain in the *you know where* when something goes wrong with our computers.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home