gincoleaves

Mittwoch, November 01, 2006

Pleased to Meet You Birdie.


A multicoloured bird with reddish-brown and black eyes has
been discovered as a new species in a Colombian cloud
forest accessible only by helicopter, scientists say.

Discovery of the bird named after an Indian tribe that once
lived in the nature reserve where it was found was published
in the Bulletin of the British Ornithologists Club.

Legend has it that the Yariguies tribe commited suicide to
avoid enslavement by Spanish.

Our planet holds many secrets and mysteries, but I have
often wondered how many species of wild Fauna and Flora
are just waiting to be discovered.

But you must agree with me, this little bird is a
true beauty.

3 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just sad that I'll probably never get the chance to see it in its natural habitat.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

He is absolutely adorable. It's so good that beautiful things can still be found on our troubled planet. Makes me want to go out there and snort some
Columbian aviation dust so I could fly alongside him.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger Katt said...

Oh wow! Birdie beautiful!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home