gincoleaves

Donnerstag, November 02, 2006

Is Switzerland Game for a Laugh?

Der Lachkönig (the laughing King) German born Dr. Roland Schutzbach is a man on a mission , to find
Swizerland's funny bone!

He says "The Swiss have a lot of humour, but they don't really

laugh so loudly - it is a special kind of humour. That's why I would

somehow like to give them the gift of laughter!"

A doctor of philosophy and former steiner school teacher, Schutzbach

is no circus clown.

Admittedly, he packs an outrageous over-sized polka dot bow tie

and has been known to slip on the odd red nose to tickle his

charges' ribs, but amid all the tomfoolery and gags there is serious

work going on!

"We get people who have problems, people who don't seem to have

problems, and all kinds of people who are interested in laughter and

who wants to lead a happier life" he told Swissinfo.

"I'm somehow teaching them to lead a life of joy, however, it's

not me who makes them laugh, it is their own inner process and some

people are not ready!"

Schutzbach also claims to have been heavilly influenced by

Bombay's Dr. Madan Kataria, who founded hundreds of

laughter clubs in India.

"I have started a whole laughter campaign for Switzerland

and we're staging a Laughter Week from Aug. 17-26" he told

Swissinfo.

"I want to help the Swiss people to be more joyful!"

He will be making his appearance here again by next Wed-

nesday - 12 noon.

Come Hell or highwater, I'll be there, and inbetween fits of

laughter, I'll be checking out the area.

All I can say to this is "Bring in the Germans!"

1 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Katt said...

Weird concept but this guy does look like on big bag of laughs. I wonder if I could invite him to a braai.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home