gincoleaves

Dienstag, April 01, 2008

Where's my suitcase ?

Since my fall on the street last Thursday I've been hanging around home -
mentally licking my wounds, Hooo boy, it really looked as if I've collided
with Mike Tyson.
The day after, I went into town, but if I was smart enough, I'd have stayed
at home.
I walked around with the lost & found Easter egg right below my
right eye ball - all swollen and red!
My top lip turned into an instant shade of purple & blue.
Thank goodness all my other cuts & bruises were invisible to the outside
world - people were staring shamelessly at my battered face - if only my aches and
pains weren't so severe - I received celeb treatment from the townfolk!
BUT, the embarrassment drove me out of town and back home, I just couldn't
stand seeing the pity in these strange faces - THE POOR WOMAN MUST
HAVE A DEMON HUSBAND AT HOME ! ! !

Don't forget an old Ginkgo tree is a tough piece of wood, and I'm doing
just fine!

Now what's with the lost and lonely bit of luggage on the top picture?
I want to know what's going on at the Heathrow Airport in England?
Can a new terminal cause such havoc on such a wellknown airport?
I believe there is a grand total of 28,000 suitcases lying around with-
out owners! !

I am planning another visit to South Africa within 3 months time from
now, and I have no intention of "losing" my bit 'o luggage again, geeez, the
disappointment is far too great.
The reason why I'm mentioning London here is because I will be flying
to Heathrow, and then take a connecting flight to SA.

At the beginning of Nov. 2007 we attended my Son's wedding in Johannes-
burg, but we
stayed for 2 weeks only, enough time to attend the wedding and spend some
quality time with the other "oldest" friend.
My "oldest" and dearest friend who lives in Cape Town was soul destroyed
that we didn't pay her a visit in the beautiful Cape.
But a wedding, and 2 weeks only, just didn't allow me to pop in for a
hallo and a cuppa strong Rooibos tea!

So, I'll be packing a few important items into a sports bag and tag it
along as hand luggage. This time I'll be playing it very safely!

If it isn't that "nutty as a fruitcake" guy by the name of Bin Laden
and his terrorist buddies who make our lives a misery, it's the staff
at famous Airports who have little control over people's personal be-
longings!
Well, they won't stop me from paying another visit to South Africa
but it sure takes the fun outta flying!!







2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your black and blue Ginco, can't be a lot of fun if you feel everyone's looking at you in pity. Re Heathrow, the problem was they built the most modern technical marvel with all the cutting edge electronic wizadry and forgot to plug it in lol.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

You have a wonderful trip....and I think carry on is the best bet. That is what we do now. I just plan on always doing laundry every few days.

No one would ever believe you just tripped and fell, they are sure that your husband beat you up. Even if you deny it. So I guess you just need to make up a really good story that they WILL believe, haha. Hope you are on the mend now. I know how terrible it felt and looked. All those wonderful shades of purple and green. I ran into the cupboard once, near my eye....and on my gosh, didn't know the skin could turn so many shades of green, blue and purple....before it healed.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home