gincoleaves

Donnerstag, März 06, 2008

Pain in the butt !

Although Spring has sprung, yesterday morning we woke up to find just
about everything covered in snow, and I was surprised to find a tree covered
in white blossoms on the grounds of our "little paradise" in the middle of our
street.



On a few ocassions I have blogged about this Hotel, just across the road

from where we live, a lovely place to take the dog for a walk, ( without any

threats coming from the "parkie" ) A year ago they dug up the entire lawn,
and for the life of me I can't tell you why because the "new" lawn doesn't look
any better than the "old" one.

A year later and this is what it looks like - no difference what so ever!



On the other side of the Hotel, with nothing but lush green grass

where the Hotel guests (including doggy and me) could sit and enjoy

the sounds of birds tweeting away.

The so called gardener (if and when he does a little of that) decided to dig

a large square hole into the lawn, so with

great anticipation I watched and waited.

Until this day I don't have a clue what the giant size hole was in aid of,

because it looks as if the weeds have completely taken over during the

entire Summer and Winter.








Then there is the sorry story of the dry fountain.

It is just one of the many water fountains you'll see in Switzerland, ex-

cept for this one, there is no water flowing - not even a drop for a

thirsty dog during the Summer time!



Let's take a peep inside the fountain - nothing there except

rain water and leaves from the last Winter season (did I say dry?)




But, my moaning and grumbling isn't done yet.

When I entered the Hotel grounds again today, I was horrified to

see a bunch of garden workers.

Oh no, whatever do they have in mind now again?! ! !

These people spend a fortune on gardeners but no matter
how much money or effort, when the job's done, the place looks
like a dog's breakfast!








As I walked along with Fuji, I came across my favorite

seat, just a concrete block, but somehow I've managed to claim
it for myself - because the Hotel guests prefer the garden chairs.
Goodness knows what they have in mind with my "chair" because
the gardeners have bolted the large concrete block right
out of it's resting place.



2 Years ago, everything about this "safe little haven" was

as idylic as can be - until the owner or whoever is responsible for the chaos
decided to cause havoc around the Hotel grounds.
Honost to goodness, these nonsensical plans are a pain in the
butt and the garden isn't loooking any better, not to mention
the peace and quiet that's gone to smithereens!

There are many things about the Swiss folk that grieves me, but their

"gardening skills" - most definately at the top of my list!


Isn't it amazing how much lighter one feels after a lttle bit o' complaining! !









2 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

What a sad looking garden for this hotel! I will be looking forward to seeing what the most recent set of gardeners have in mind with the latest improvement project!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Seems to me that you need to start considering some Guerilla Gardening!
http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home