gincoleaves

Montag, März 24, 2008

One a penny two a penny.......

I didn't want a chocolate Easter egg, and I
didn't want an Easter bunny.
All I wanted for Easter is a HOT CROSS BUN!
I didn't get that lucky because hot cross buns are unknown in Swit-
zerland.
So, I've been feasting my eyes and teasing my tastebuds by just
looking at the picture above.
Thanks to http://simmy.typepad.com/ I just had to copy and
paste her picture of these delicious treats.

I wonder how many bloggers were so lucky to fill their
bellies with steamy freshly baked
HOT CROSS BUNS ! ?




http://simmy.typepad.com/

3 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Katt said...

I had the same craving so we drove to town and bought hot cross buns on Saturday morning. They were finished by the time we got home. :-)

Hey, you're a whiz in the kitchen, you should have baked some.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Ah, it just so happens that I indeed bought some hot cross buns. Although they put candied fruit in them, the citrus kind, that were kind of hard and bitter, so I spit the fuit out. I would prefer just raisins and maybe cherries........I am not sure what they usually have in them, but I didn't know that candied citrus would be in them. They were really good though the dough was very flavorful. I popped them in the microwave for about 17 seconds with a dot of butter on top, hmmmmmmmmmmmm. That i what I had for breakfast before I got busy cooking. did you have a nice Easter, ours was very nice.....

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

We always had hot cross buns when I lived in New Zealand and I always remember the taste and texture. I have not found any quite the same here. I suppose that means I should attempt to make some next year.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home