gincoleaves

Montag, März 03, 2008

Mad mad Emma, what a dilema!

On Saturday 1st March, hurricane Emma made her grand entrance

by causing absolute havoc in Germany and many parts of

Europe - what is this nasty girl telling us?

Perhaps she's saying "Forget about Spring, you've had your fun

by enjoying a fabulously mild Winter!"

The top picture shows a bus that was completely swept off the road

by the storm caused by the nasty little lady! Just look at

the snow!


Luckily, here in Switzerland we didn't feel the "pinch" that bad,

except for rain and an evil blowing wind, which made it impossible to

find the slightest bit of shelter under a topsy turned umbrella.



In Germany people were warned not to leave their homes or

to travel by car - which is not always possible, but to stay on the

safe side, I practically stayed at home all week end.

That isn't something I enjoy doing, but I really didn't want

to end up in hospital because I was hit by a plant pot that

went "gone with the wind!"

The Swiss folk love to display their potted plants on the window sills

and on their balconies - fatal for pedestrians "down under!"



Nevertheless, I remained home, safe and dry, and by doing so

I had oooodles of time to work on the crazy patchwork bag for

my "oldest" and dearest friend who lives far across the sea in

South Africa.

Later this week, I will show pictures of the work and

the colours chosen by my friend.













4 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

our weather has been unpredictable. Warm one day and cold the next.
I look forward to seeing your creation.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Neoma said...

We are under a tornadoe watch this morning, don't know for how long. We just had one good bit of wind and rain and I guess it is coming again, up until about 9 tonight. But that is the norm around here. I went out late last night and cleared out the ditches. Yeh, I guess if a potted plant hit you on the head it would be "all she wrote." huh?

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

What terrible weather you are having! We had several snow storms again today so it looks like spring will be delayed a bit this year. I am looking forward to seeing what you are crating.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Blow me down, it's been windy here too, our shed door was found in France lol.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home