gincoleaves

Dienstag, April 08, 2008

On a much sweeter Note

If you're a softy for anything sweet (like me) then you will most likely
drool over these pictures of the heavenly Turkish Delight, above.
This is a mouthful of pure bliss, and I couldn't resist it as a child.
As yet I haven't come across this yummy bit in Switzerland, but I
caught sight of something similar at our Autum Fair, although it was
labeled Turkish Delight, it was most definately not the same.
My thanks goes to Helen Morgan for this mouthwatering picture!


Then came Baklava, yet another, most unusual sweet treat.
This consists of a sweet nutty ingredient, nestling between a bottom and a
top layer of a syrupy and flakey dough - absolutely devine!
I was always under the impression that this sweet treat comes from
Greece, because as a child, Mom would buy a few slices from the Greek
shop on the corner.
Here in Switzerland we don't have many Greek citizens, but we have
many thousands of Turkish immigrants, and that's where I've discovered -
once again, after many years, the delicious Baklava.
I found these on Bettisue's Flickr pictures, thank you ! !






Come to think of it, if Turkish Delight or even Baklava was
served on that plane, we would have all been treated with
a sweet smile. (snigger)



7 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmmmm.. I just love Turkish Delight, although it's plentiful here I can't eat a lot of it now because I'm diabetic and it's almost impossible just to have on piece. Yum

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Tom: I could be nasty and say "Nahne Nah Ne Naaa!" but I won't! Eventhough I could "pig out" on the good stuff, I have to be very careful, because the goodies are filled with LOADS of calories. :-)
Now why doesn't it surprise me that you guys have lots of the sweet delights?!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

Mmmmmm....Turkish delight, I used to work with a guy who's parents lived in Turkish Cyprus and he would always bring us a load back when he visited them, and we would sit and stuff our faces in the works canteen with many envious eyes looking on! Oh...and Ginco, I have had the pleasure of one this year, so wouldn't want to mention more too soon for fear of being labeled a male tart lol.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I love anything sweet, and better still, if it is wrapped in a flaky pastry.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Kevin: LOL! Male tart? Now you've really got me curious, perhaps one day you'll pluck up the courage and write all about it, LOL!!

Keewee: You know what a sweet tooth I have, and you love pastry of all kinds, but these fancy slices are to die for. :-)

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

OH GREAT! I JUST GAINED 2 POUNDS READING YOUR POST WITH THOSE DELICIOUS SWEET TREATS!!

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Katt said...

You do this to torture me, don't you? Like Hostagirl, I've gained a couple of KGs too.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home