gincoleaves

Mittwoch, April 02, 2008

Chaos in our town

At about 13.20 yesterday afternoon a city tram collided with a
bus carrying passengers from Italy, which caused the tram to derail
and fall over like the common cockroach.
I am happy to tell you that only 9 passengers were slightly injured
in this accident !
There was chaos on the streets , when they tried to lift the 20 ton tram
back onto the the rails.
Throughout the afternoon we heard the sound of police and ambulance
sirens, and we were wondering what the commotion was all about.
Although the accident didn't happen very far from where we live, I
am ever so glad I didn't venture into town yesterday -- what a nightmare !






7 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

From some of your past postings I'd say it's best to stay well away from those trams. If people aren't falling underneath them then they're falling over on people.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Sure glad there were no serious injuries.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Katt said...

That looks a bit messy!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

My goodness, what a mess in the middle of the street! I am thankful that the injuries were minor!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

Interesting pictures! It's a shame about the accident though, thankfully there were no serious injuries!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Ouch.......I remember something happening like this way back a few years ago.......I guess anytime there is public transit, there will be accidents. Just like with cars. It was a good day to be at home, yes?

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

My thanks to all the Ladies, and the Gents who commented here, yes it was a messy affair smack in the middle of the street!
According to the newspapers, the tram driver was the quilty one, because he just rammed into the bus.
I cannot picture Switzerland with the trams, but I am dead scared of the big green monsters on the road.
As for the tram drivers, they are a cheeky bunch because no matter what gets in their way, they just riiiing their bell and GO!!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home