gincoleaves

Montag, April 07, 2008

Come fly with me !

On Friday morning I went downtown to reserve a seat on the
plane for myself, and this morning I had to go back to the travel
agency to pay for my ticket.
I will be leaving our town on the 25th June, and will arrive in London
Heathrow Airport about an hour and 45 minutes later.
Needless to say, I'm looking very forward to be on British soil again, and
I'll have about 6 hours to spend (and to enjoy the Queen's English to the
very last minute of my stay)
After that, I'll be on my way to South Africa to visit my good friend (and
her dear family) whom I haven't seen for the last 18 years!

This time I've decide to fly with the Eeenglish, because the staff on
the Turkish Airlines weren't a very friendly bunch of people.
To influence or insult anyone by saying this, is not my intention, but
a few passengers on that airline definately felt the abrupt mannerism
of the staff on board - without a joke, I was afraid to ask for a second
cup of coffee on that plane, I stood the chance of being thrown out of
the window by the male steward who walked the lanes serving the coffee.
Instead I asked for a small bottle of wine (which the moody guy didn't have
to serve) no, he just plonked the bottle down and moved on.
It was the best thing I did for the evening, because the wine went straight
to my head (thanks to the altitude) and for the rest of the evening I hardly
noticed the rudeness that the passenger in the seat in front of me had to put
up with !

Years ago when we flew from New York to South Africa (also with the same
airlines) we had havoc on that plane.
There were a couple of young Turkish guys who insisted on turning their radios
onto full volume, and no matter how nicely the stewardesses asked them to
please turn it down, they simply refused !

Then there were a few other guys who decided to throw hard boiled
eggs, from one isle to the other , at one another - geeez, we lived dangerously that
evening, one could get hit by a hardboiled at any stage!

So, as long as Naomi Campbell is not a passenger on the British plane, I really
should get to my destination in one piece (snigger!)




8 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

You have obviously had some terrible flight experiences in your time, I hope that, even though your stop over in England is a short one, that it is a pleasant one! So pleased you'll get to see your old friend again after such a long time, good luck with the trip!!!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip and don't get 'egged'. Also that you enjoy your brief stay in England. Bet you can't wait.

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Kevin: Thank you, I will make the best of my trip down South. I love flying, but if you ever need to be "entertained" -fly with a couple of Turkish passengers - but you'll also need nerves of steel, LOL!!

Tom: Thank you, I will most definately have a very pleasant flight with the British girls and their polite manners, and oh yes, I can hardly wait to see England again, but next time I will make it my business to get out of the airport and enjoy the beauty of the country as I've done in the past.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Well off you go then......and have a wonderful time. and if anyone tosses hard boil eggs, catch one and eat it....they will soon run out of ammunition. haha

some airlines here are more friendly than others. But I can never remember which ones are the best. But I guess it isn't the airlines, it is the people. And they can always have a sourpuss on any flight. I remember once, the stewardess got her feathers all ruffled because I asked for an extra cup of water. They seem to have a plan and want to stick to it, and it calls for one cup of water. haha

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Adam Brown ?: I don't remember meeting someone called Adam Brown, but no harm done, you're obviously confusing me with another Gingko tree, LOL!! Nevertheless, I will look into your site, perhaps I can earn extra bucks, then I'll be able to fly a little more often.
:-)

Nea: Thank you! I can hardly wait to spend many entertaining hours chin wagging with my dear friend! I have been warned (by her) that we won't even get to bed - so you can just imagine!
All I can do until then is countdown the weeks, LOL!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Another trip for you, HOW WONDERFUL.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Mr. Adam Brown: I am overwhelmed!!

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Katt said...

My worst experience was on an old Eastern Block airline - deodorant was an option extra for the cabin crew. Being the one on the aisle seat was hazardous when the steward stretched over you to give the passenger at the window something. Phew!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home