gincoleaves

Mittwoch, Oktober 04, 2006

The Mystery Munch.


Because I don't know the name of this plant, we call it the "Mystery
Plant.
We have seen it once before in the nursery, but
I never took notice of the name. This plant will bloom in Summer, show-
ing off long stems with lots of tiny red flowers.
I will always make sure to place the birdcage a little away from the plant
because my canary will feast on the leaves in the believe it's a juicy
lettuce treat. (not to mention the plant could be poisonous)
That's exactly what the little beggar did two weeks ago (without me noticing)
Through the course of the day I noticed his beak and the white feathers
around his neck and chest area was a lovely shade of green.
Mr. Natural Jogurt ( we call him Jogi) had himself a party, feasting away
on my mystery plant!
He not only looked like a bullfrog with feathers, but the guy was sick.
I placed a little water mixed with honey into his cage, but as sick as he was
he behaved like a vulture - and almost went for me!
So the honey water did not stand a chance to cure him.
My Dad loved Canaries, in fact he loved everything with feathers
and wingies!
I remember he used to hard boil an egg, cut it in half (once cooled)
and place it in the canary's cage - shell and all.
Just what the Doctor ordered for my sick patient.
He munched the egg like no tomorrow, and looked a whole lot better
the following day - at least he is back to his normal size again, and not
snoozing the day away.



At the moment he's going through the shedding process - no wonder

he refused to look at the other birdie in the camera.

Honey water or hardboiled eggs won't help for this, but perhaps a

course of Ginkgo leaves will do the trick.

2 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

i think it's called London Pride we have it in our garden it spreads like wild fire but you've got your bird to keep it on a tight leash!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Katt said...

It almost looked like a pelargonium but it isn't.

Oi! Don't our pets just give us heart attacks on a regular basis?

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home