gincoleaves

Sonntag, September 24, 2006

One Last Time.

Just look at the pumpkin choir boys singing their farewell to the last
of the Summer sun!
I couldn't resist paying one last visit to the Pumpkin
Paradise this afternoon. I honostly don't have room for all
the pumpkins in my kitchen, but it will be the final batch
untill next year.
Underneath the wagon (packed full with pumpkins) I spotted ONE
lost and forlorn little mushroom.
What a palaver it was to take this picture, because this little guy was
standing in a very dangerous spot, people were drumming around the
wagon, looking at the pumpkins, and I had eyes only for the little mushroom
(my pumpkins were safely deposited in the boot of the car, but now my
attention was focused on my new victim - the mushroom!!
Everytime I wanted to take a picture, someone stepped in front of me
threatening to trample the little mushroom!
Eventually Mr.CC took charge by taking the camera.
He wormed his way through the people's legs and took a few shots,
I was giggling that much, but I was also petrified he'd get trampled in
the process OR someone was going to fall over the man on the ground.

One of the few little garden houses, note the Sunflowers in the background.

The Sunflowers I photographed last time, are all gone !

The last of the lovely Cosmos flowers.

I remember seeing these flowers along the roadside in South Africa,

usually

around the beginning of Autumn.

Last night we had some rainfall, so the forests are soaking wet, but I

had to take a little peep into the forest because the sound of birds

in here was something incredible today - a truly beautiful and peaceful

sound!

This is the Restaurant *Spitzwald* Someone must have celebrated a birth-

day, because a group of men were singing and yodeling away.

I thought the old plow was rather interesting, so I made my way

outside to take one last pic for the day.

6 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Mr CC is great at taking a quick snap and getting out of the crowd without being trampled.
It's kinda sad to see the last of the summer blooms, but we can look forward to the sight of spring bulbs pushing their way up through the cold ground towards the spring sunlight.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Neoma said...

My kids love pumpkin pie, it is their favorite and I always make it for the holidays, but I buy it from the can. Do you cook your pumpkins to eat, or just as a holiday decoration. I always let the kids get a couple for Halloween to carve....but they then end up in the trash, because overnight the bugs start eating them.

Summer is almost over here also.....next year I am going to plant some cosmos and see if they do well here, they are such a rewarding flower and bloom all summer if they like the climate.

I haven't seen any in bloom here, so I am not sure they like the humidity. But I will find out....

Pretty little mushroom.......

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

Great shot of the pumpkins.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Keewee, perhaps he enjoyed it down under, LOL!!

Nea, Yes I cook my pumpkin and serve it as a veggie.
Neither South Africa nor Switzerland celebrate Halloween, strange but true, the Germans do
enjoy their Halloween bash.
It's come to my attention, that the Swiss use pumpkins for making soup only, I do not like Pumpkin soup. Oh I think it's such a shame and such a waste - Pumpkins are the
BEST, LOL!!

Bazza, we had no problem photographing the pumpkins.....!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

This is such a lovely place, and you get so many wonderful pics here.
The solitary mushroom is indeed pretty. I think it is worth all the effort to get this one :-)

 
At 4:57 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

Great photo!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home