gincoleaves

Samstag, September 23, 2006

The Old and the New.

Every now and again we need to chill out on a Saturday morning, so
instead of runing from dot A to dot B doing food shopping OR doing odd
jobs in and around our living quarters - we drove ourselves out of
Switzerland and into Germany brite and early this morning.
Although we're still enjoying pleasant warm temperatures, I decided
it was time I shopped for a new Winter coat (I don't want to get
caught when the weather suddenly changes to minus degrees)
Luck was on my side and I found just the car coat I was searching
for, after that we went to our favorite little Bakery Restaurant for
brunch (shopping for clothes always gives me a healthy appetite
and a thirst to match)
We made ourselves comfortable at a table right on the sidewalk, and
by the time I had finished drinking my coffee, I could swear I caught my-
self a first class Autumn tan, the sun was beaming down my back and on my
arms.
When the weather's this lovely here in Europe, we simply have to enjoy
every given moment.
Before driving back home we cruised the area in search of something unusual
and of blogging interest.
A few old and new house caught my eye - still showing off their beautiful
Summer Blooms.
This is an old pre-war house, the date shows 1939 (not on pic)
Another old one showing off a bit of grape vine.

Obviously a very new house, there are Geraniums growing every where,

I would have loved to take anothe pic of this house, but I was afraid the

owner might come after me, so I took a pic and made a fast gettaway.

This is a very new block of flats or Apartments, with colorful flowers every

where.

For some reason the German flats are far larger compaired to the flats here

in Switzerland, OH! to enjoy all that space, I can't swing a cat in my flat.

7 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

Those are some great pics of the flowers on the houses. Beautiful color against the house color! I envy your ease of travel from country to country. Canada is our only very close choice. Of course, some of our states do feel like a totally different country!!
I do enjoy your stories of your daily travels.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Ginco said...

Yes Hostagirl, that's one advantage of living in Europe, we live side by side to our neighboring countries.
We are fortunate to live only 25min
away from the German border, for people living in Zürich, it'll be a far longer drive.

I'm glad you enjoy the blog, it is an encouragement!!! :-)

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I would love to be able to have that many flowers on our front deck, but until we renew the deck I can't have anything heavy out there, including myself.
I also envy your ease of travel to your neighboring countries, it is nice to experience diferent cultures.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

I just love the architecture of the homes., I suppose if you were outside taking pictures and they saw you, they would wonder what is up, huh. here the Real Estate agents will come and take pictures of homes so they can submit appraisals. But when I see them taking pictures of my house, I wonder, WHAT ARE THEY DOING. haha

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Bazza said...

I know what you mean about taking photographs and feeling like you're acting suspicious, or even self conscious. I suspect to be a great photographer you need to combat this, something I definitely need to do.

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Due to the Do's & Don't's of the country, I've become a little paranoid, LOL!
I'd hate to get arrested by the German police!
I could be refused entry into
their country, AND it would be a total disaster if I couldn't do my
food shopping ever again in Germany! LOL!! HAAHAHA!!!

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

These are wonderful pics of houses, old and new. You have put it so beautifull! And I love the last pic with all those colorful flowers. Wish I could have some of those in my balcony too ....

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home