gincoleaves

Dienstag, Oktober 17, 2006

Just One of Those Crazy Days

I haven't had a quiet moment to give blogging a thought today, al-
most immediately after I woke up this morning, I got cracking on
the laundry.

With the laundry safely out the way I sat down in front of the computer

enjoying my first cuppa of the day.

This is a regular occurrence - since I've become a computer junkie!

I was pleasantly surprised to see a few e-mails waiting to be read.

One mail in particular was a very funny letter from a dear "old"

friend, far away in South Africa.

Is it a coincidence when my friend writes about *cow puke in a tumble

dryer*

especially on THE day when I'm doing my laundry ? ? ?

Next on my list was to check if anyone was so nice to leave a comment

on my blog, and then to have a look/see what other bloggers have to say

on their blog entries.

I also can't remember when last I placed a mail order, but yes I have

ordered something from one of the fashion catalogues - only last week!

The next on my "want to do list" was to wash my hair, but I was too

afraid to put my head under the water in case the postman

brings my parcel - rings on my doorbell -and I don't hear him!

That's something else I don't like about mail orders - you NEVER

know when they show up (you could end up with shampoo all over your

face - by the time you take the parcel from the man in grey)

I waited in vain for the parcel, but I still managed to get my hair

washed.

The clock was ticking away while I was running back and forth to get

the washing done - when the 'phone rang!

Lo and behold! It was the young Lady who lives next door to us!

I could not believe my ears when she said her name and asked if

she could bring her flat key around later this evening when she gets

home from work!

The central heating in her bedroom has given up the ghost, and a

workman will soon show up and look into the matter, but she needs

me to open the door for him - while she's away at work.

On a few occassions I have enjoyed a quick chat with my

neighbour - but until today - she's NEVER asked for my help.

Two years ago the Agency of this building decided it was time to

install new windows and canvas awnings for every tennant living

here. (It was 4 days of dirt and hell, to top it all, this was done 4 days

before Christmas, just imagine, with temps below freezing point, in

a flat with no windows)

While the new windows were installed, my

neighbour appeared and disappeared all through the day.

For the life of me, I don't know what came over her.

In fact, she was here a minute ago to hand over her flat key, and

I told her it would be my pleasure to help where I can.

When I thought it was safe to sit down to a little lunch - the

'phone rang again.

This time it was my girl-child.

Always a welcome caller, one can almost compare her 'phone

calls with a trip to the fun fair, by the time you reach home, you're

quite dizzy and befuzzled!

I think this child spent almost her entire lunch brake to chat and turn

my chaotic morning into an even further state of confusion - but I'm

not complaining, on the contrary, the KID keeps me on my toes.

After a conversation that lasted 1 1/2 hours, I ended the call by using

an amusing quote of a British blogger, "Oh well, back to my padded

cell, mustn't keep Napoleon waiting."

Can anyone blame me for enjoying the British humour ?



4 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Blogger Katt said...

I adore British humour! And that quote is excellent.

Can you imagine if you used in SA? Replace the Napoleon with Winnie, or Jacob, or even better, Robert from Zim. :-)

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Katt: Isn't that just too delicious! I'm gonna open a file and keep all those witty comments at hand - I'll have a laugh handy at all times, LOL!


Ol' Winnie, who's always in the pooh! She still around?!!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

There is nothing quite British humour, I miss it.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Being British I feel like I should respond with a witty comment...but unfortunately words fail me. TTFN

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home