gincoleaves

Montag, Oktober 16, 2006

FRENCH BRIOCHE

There's a definate change in the weather - the Autumn chill is
here!
So it's Brioche time again!
The dough has risen more than double in size, it doesn't look it, but
I have used a larger mixing bowl - the dough has risen and overflowed
in past attempts, when the mixing bowl is not big and deep enough.
Baked and ready to eat - sliced with butter and jam.

BRIOCHE

13 gr fresh yeast

80 gr sugar

90 ml water

2 eggs

250 gr flour, sifted

dash of salt

80 gr margarine

few drops of vanilla essence.

Mix a few teaspoons of sugar with the yeast, pour a little luke warm

water over that and leave until risen and frothy. Set aside.

Melt margarine over low heat. Remove from heat and add the rest of

the water. Leave to cool until lukewarm.

Add to yeast mixture and stirr well. Add the few drops of vanilla ess.

Add beaten eggs.

Sift flour and salt into bowl, and pour in the liquid.

Stirr mixture until blended, then beat well with wooden spoon.

Cover and leave in warm place until double in size, about 2 or 3 hours.

Pour risen batter into a well greased fluted 900ml brioche mould.

I have to replace my fluted mould, but you can also bake this in a

ball shaped glass dish.

Bake at 200°C for 10minutes, then reduce heat to 180°C and

continue baking for 20minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre

comes out clean.

Leave to cool before turning out.

I've been using this Brioche recipe for about 15 years now, and it's al-

ways a hit and a success.

I have only one complaint, it does the disappearing act, as soon as it

gets to the table !


7 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

yummy, Hot with butter and home made jam.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

ohhhhhhhh I have to try this, thank you so much for the recipe......now if you were just here to make it for me. haha.......

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

It looks so yummy. Wish you could bake it for me too :-))

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

will try this one it sounds great!

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Katt said...

Oh, you are at it again, are you? Making me hungry! You know my waistline expands a centimetre every time you blog a recipe, don't you?

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

mmmm... Brioche. It looks like a giant muffin, I could eat one with a cuppa coffee, another one of the finest things in life along with friends, I'll add it to the list. By the way, thank YOU for appreciating my laconic bits of humour. I always try to look on the funny side of life (like the end of Life of Brian), as I've got older it's not always easy, especially if you watch the news every day. Oh well, back to my padded cell, mustn't keep Napoleon waiting. lol

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Norma said...

I can't even pronounce it, but it looks yummy.

Today I’m blogging about parenting. http://collectingmythoughts.blogspot.com Stop by and leave your opinion or experience.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home