gincoleaves

Freitag, Oktober 13, 2006

FRIDAY 13TH.


A Friday occurring on the 13th day of any month is considered to
be a day of bad luck in English speaking cultures around the globe.
The origin of the Friday 13th superstition has been linked to the belief
that there were 13 people at the LAST SUPPER of JESUS who was
crucified on Good Friday, but no evidence especially unlucky until the
19th Century. The number 13, however, has a long history of
association with ill-luck.
Despite superstition - I want to wish you one and all a very
Happy and a Lucky Friday the 13th !

4 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Phyllis said...

Hmmm, Friday the 13th!! Thanks for reminding me.
I'm not supersticious hehehehe but I will be careful!

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Katt said...

From what I've read the Friday the 13th superstition came from the days of the Knights Templar. Some or other crazy king ordered that the order be obliterated because they were beginning to become to powerful. The Knights were rounded up and massacred on the 13th day of a month which happened to be a Friday.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I had not looked at the calendar yet today so did not know it is the 13th. When I am on my four day break I really do not care what the day is, just as long as I remember if there is a birthday or anniversary I should be remembering.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

Well you learn something new every day!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home