gincoleaves

Samstag, Oktober 14, 2006

Let's do the Mash potato, er.... Mushroom!

This is a Milk Bar on Route B-4 in Niedersachsen (Northern) Germany
what I like about this picture is the *Fliegenpiltz* also known as the
AMANITA MUSCARIA*
I would give (almost) anything to stumble across this mushroom in the
woods.
That pretty little white mushroom with the stunning bright red hat full
of little white dots!
It's magical, and everytime I see this mushroom, I think of Alice in
Wonderland!
The Amanita Muscaria is widely regarded as toxic, but the woman in this
picture says she prepares these mushrooms in a way that reduces toxicity.
Boy oh boy, I wouldn't like to be her enemy. I mean to say, those mushies
are deadly!

This one I saw in France a few weeks ago, it looked like an

orange coloured bath sponge - on the pic it looks yellow-ish.

These are tightly nestled in a tree stump - seen last Sunday on our walk

in a nearby forest not far from home.

I almost stumbled and fell over these in the

same forest.

Here a small and a large mushroom sits happily together on the

edge of the little stream.

11 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Blogger Katt said...

We told a doctor friend of ours that we had bought a book on mushrooms and would often go and pick the edible ones. He said there is only one kind of mushroom he eats, it comes with a label that reads Denny. :-)

By the way, that milk bar's building is GORGEOUS. It just needs a gingerbread house next door to it.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Hooooo Katt, There is a wide variety of lekka edible mushrooms out there!
By the mention of Denny you've got me homesick, shame on you, LOL!!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

The milk Bar building is so cool looking. Mushrooms are so wonderful to look at. There are are couple of different kinds growing in my garden. I wonder if there are pixies living in them, you know, just like in our kiddie fairy storoes.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Keewee, are the mushrooms growing in your garden edible? I just can't walk past a mushroom - in the supermarket or in the garden!
About those fairies Keewee, you should have a closer look, LOL!!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

what a cute house! there is an abundance of mushrooms in the uk to at the mo!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Bibi said...

I love the building (the milk bar) and would like to come across that in the woods ;-)

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Tina: I'm a little puzzled about the "mushroom" attached to the milk bar housie - I wonder if they serve mushroom milkshakes, HAAHAHA!

Bibi: Finding this in the woods would be as welcome as finding an oasis in the desert, :-)

Phyllis: Look now you've got me all drooling and hungry, I can actually smell those sauteed mushrooms!
Thanks for kick starting my day (& first cuppa) with a joke, LOL!!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

You know me and mushrooms ginco, great pics, thanks.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

They are lovely, but I will watch while she eats them, even if she can cook them to reduce toxicity, I would be skeptical. How much toxin is to much....haha But they are really pretty.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

The house (or the milk bar) looks so cute, and the mushrooms are so pretty !

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wanted to live in a house like this in the 60's, my mum went mad when I painted the ceiling purple with silver stars on, in my case it was Psilocybin mushrooms. I was a 'fun guy' too but she made it clear I had to move by wrapping my lunch in a road map

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home