gincoleaves

Sonntag, Oktober 15, 2006

PROST !

It's no secret how much the English value a pint of fine British ale

As for the German folk - they won't sit back patiently waiting for
the *OKTOBERFEST* to enjoy their Pilsner and Heineken beer.
Now the Irish loooove their beer! An Englishman, a Scotsman and an
Irishman walks into the b.......! I'd better get on with my story.
Living in South Africa and enjoying the glorious warm weather (for al-
most the best part of the year) there are always plenty of opportunities
to indulge in the pleasures of icy cold and frothy Lion Lager beer.
An evening around the campfire, a moonlit beach party, summer BBQ's
spent with family and friends, saturday afternoon with the blokes and
watching a Rugby match, without cracking a can would be unimaginable!
I'm going to stop right here - I'm getting homesick!!
As for Switzerland, well what can I say about people who enjoy beer at the
breakfast table!
Here is a list of countries by beer consumption per capita.
----------------------------------------------------------
1 CZECH REPUBLIC 156.9 litres yearly
2 IRELAND 131.1
3 GERMANY 115.8
4 AUSTRALIA 109.0
5 AUSTRIA 108.3
6 UK 99.0
13 USA 81.6
16 NEW ZEALAND 79.0
19 CANADA 68.3
22 SOUTH AFRICA 59.2
27 SWITZERLAND 57.3
Canadian beer is recognized as one of the safest in the world!
Note that Darwin, Australia has the higest beer consumption
of any city of the world at 230 Litres yearly!

So bear in mind the next time you're enjoying a pint or six,

DON'T DRINK AND FLY!!

WIKIPEDIA

-------------

10 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I miss the NZ beer, the stuff around here is very weak, though I guess there are some micro brews which are better, I would rather have a good glass of wine.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

I can't comment on the top picture, wifey would kill me!. I have to confess that I do contribute to the United Kingdom's figures as often as I can.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Keewee: I must admit I can't get exited about beer either, but fill an extra glass of wine, and I'll be right over, LOL!


Yip, you'd better be good, now you see why I could not resist posting a picture of this pretty German Mädel, Hee hee!!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

haha, love the witch clinging to the tree, that is so cute and quite a great "message." I am a little surprised to see the US so far down the list of total beer consuption, I would have thought us to have done better. haha

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Hi Nea, it's good to have you back!
I agree, the whole list of beer consumption is rather confusing, who would have guessed that the Czechs are in the lead. I honostly thought the marathon was between the British and the Germans, hahaha!!!!

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Katt said...

Just think, Ginco, a nice Windhoek Lager on a hot, sunny afternoon with a few tjoppies and a bit of boerie on the braai?

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Katt said...

PS: It is no wonder they drink so much beer in Darwin, Australia. Have you seen where that is? I can't imagine there is much else to do around there.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

OK KATT: Rub my nose in it, go on, make me homesick - you're darm good at it, HAAHAHAHA! :-)

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ginco, I'm doing my best to raise the UK's position in the league but I can't do it all on my own and must admit I prefer a drop of red these days. The girl is gorgeous too! If she drank that lot I might start to look good to her lol.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

I have abstained from contributing to the stats of anywhere on the planet, but I love the pic of the witch. Its downright hilarious!!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home