gincoleaves

Freitag, Oktober 20, 2006

The Festival of Lights

On Saturday, worshippers throughout South Asia and around the
world will celebrate DIWALI, the Hindu festival of lights.
This period of rejoicing, which is also called DEEPAVALI, will
mark the victory of brightness over darkness and provide a time for
celebrants to reaffirm connections to loved ones.
This also gives me the opportunity to wish one of my readers
http://sigma_sm.blogspot.com/ a very HAPPY DIWALI and
enjoy the celebrations !

5 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Bazza said...

It's a shame we don't know more about other cultures, maybe if we did, we would understand more. For that reason this is a nice post, well done gincoleaves.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Thanks Bazza, I agree with you, there are so many interesting people out there in the world, and yet we know far too little of their background and culture!
The Diwali festival started today and I thought it would be an interesting post. :-)

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Sigma said...

Thank you so very much. I am overwhelmed. Really.
I am back from celebrating the festivities at my in-laws'.
I wish that this festival of lights bring joy and cheer and peace in your life too. And in the rest of the world.
Thanks again.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Katt said...

You are something special, Ginco! This is very thoughtful.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Sigma, the opportunity to post a little something about the Diwali celebrations - the pleasure was all mine, I'm pleased to hear you spent a lovely time with your in-laws, and I wish you everything that's wonderful as well, :-)


Wow Katt, slow down, but thank you, I'm flattered and flustered, but I thought this could be an appropiate post, :-)

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home