gincoleaves

Samstag, August 12, 2006

Cream Cheese Focaccia

Fresh from the oven.






Unbaked.

CREAM CHEESE FOCACCIA

After just one mouthful of this, and you're in Italy.

Here I,ve used my favorite dough, and I,ve added a little bacon to the

recipe, but believe me it makes no difference - it only gets better!

Dough.

200gr. flour

125gr. margarine

3ml baking powder

1 egg

salt and a handful grated cheese

Filling.

2 garlick cloves

1 small onion

50gr. chopped bacon

200gr creme fraiche (creamy sour cream)

200gr grated cheese

salt, pepper and mixed herbs.

Mix the flour salt and margarine with the fingers

until it resembles crumbs, add the egg and the handful

grated cheese.

Work to a smooth dough and let it rest in fridge for 30min.

Roll out the dough and roll up the edges, set aside.

To prepare the filling, blend together the chopped garlic

onion and bacon, add the salt pepper and mixed spices, then

add the creme fraiche and grated cheese.

Spread the mixture over the dough - neatly between

the rolled dough.

Now brush the rolled part of the dough with a little

olive oil.

Bake in a preheated oven 180°C for 35minutes.

Ciao!!

8 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

I'll get wifey onto it straight away!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

Been cooking myself today nothing as exciting as yours just my take on a low fat frittata.
Yours looks yummy may give it a try - the bacon as where all vegi's.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

yummmm! bread and cheese hot from the oven.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

OOOO That looks WONDERFULLY nummy! I will have to try to make it. I just need to find out how many cups in a gram...or the otherway around...

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

You may notice that my post was at 5:58 and that Wifey's was at 5:59, the extraordinary thing is neither of us knew the other was commenting on your blog, as I was at work and Wifey was at home. I guess we must be tuned in to each other.

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Could I have a slice with my coffee, please.......hmmmmmmmmm

I don't wanna bake my own, I want some of yours. haha.........

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Looking good GL... ;)

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh and while I'm at it Bazza, cook it yourself you lazy git!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home