gincoleaves

Samstag, August 12, 2006

Homes gardens and neighbours

When I was a child I lived with Mom and Dad
in a flat (Apartment)
My Dad wanted a house, but Mom always said
she didn't want to be murdered in her sleep!
Dad couldn't convince her of the opposite, so
we were forced to remain in the flat.
So, you can imagine how happy and lucky I felt
when we bought our first house a few years
after I married my husband.
When we finally moved in, I was as excited and in-
quisitive as a child with a long yearned for toy!
I had to inspect every nook and cranny.
That is also where and when I discovered my love for
gardening.
Every single day I explored and discovered new fascina-
ting secrets of the garden - was this how Dr. Livingstone felt?
Although I didn't have a clue about the beginning or the
end of gardening, I went with the flow, and loved every
minute of it.
I used to do back breaking jobs out there - didn't
know I *had it in me*, and when I felt the need or urge
to dig out the large Daisy bush, which didn't look very
healthy at the time - I didn't mind standing knee deep
in muck and soil!
I am mentioning the Daisy bush now because that
was the largest task I,ve ever attempted in the garden, it
was the largest and deepest growing bush I,ve seen in ages.
I am continually washing my hands free from the
hour to hour grime and dirt - especially if you have a
playful dog, so, the constant washing of hands is not a
phobia in my case - honostly, I just like 'em clean (snigger)
But, being out in the garden and getting my hands feet and
knees full of dirt - never bothered me, on the contrary, I
was in 7th Heaven!
Living in a house gives one the feeling of freedom (to a certain
extend of course)
You don't have to worry too much about the kids creating
havoc in or outside the house - as far as noise is concerned
The crazy mixture of sounds blasting from your teenagers
room, just another Heavy Metal Rock Band shaking the foundation
of your cozy home, is also not an issue, unless you tell 'em to
turn down the volume, your on-coming Migraine doesn't
appreciate that kind of music!
BUT.
Living in an Apartment - now that's a different *kettle of fish*
We're always considering our neighbours,
our music can't be too loud - people can't sleep!
We can't take a bath after 10pm, they hear every splash!
Parties are a No-No! (unless you invite them of course)
Some people complain if you flush your toilet too
often at night, it's a disturbance because the walls are made of
cardboard.
I,m sure all flat dwellers can tell a story . But I
have often wondered about the goings on in the bathroom
which is directly next to ours.
We have a young neighbour who rips the toilet paper off
the roll so often and continuously, that I fear for the safety of
our adjoining wall.
While she was letting loose and taking out her frustration on
the poor toilet roll, I stood planted to the bathroom floor
and counted - no less than 17 ripping and tearing was inflicted
on the toilet roll in her bathroom.
We could be sitting in the living room or anywhere in the
flat, and the aggresive sound comes beaming through
to our side.
Does she get her toilet paper for free?
As we all know, even toilet paper is expensive, especially
if you just shove it down the loo for the heck of it.
I haven't figured it out what kind of kick she gets, but people
do the strangest things - it's no good trying to work it out.

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I well remember the days of living in a flat.We never had anyone who was noisy in the bathroom, but we did have neighbors with squeaky bedsprings, very entertaining for sure!
I still remember the day we moved into our brand new home. like you I inspected every nook and cranny.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger steve said...

you are absolutly right with neibour thing you can't pick them you are just stuck with them.
I would prefere a home in the middle of a field with no-one near for 50 yards in any direction

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

Mine and Bazzas last home was a house but all it had was a conceret yard, thank heavens we had no children then. Now we have a huge garden and my favourite part is the bit we have turned into a mini allotment, there is no better tasting vegi's than the ones you grow yourself.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home