gincoleaves

Donnerstag, Februar 14, 2008

The Carnival's done and dusted.

This year the FASNACHT - Carnival started earlier than usual,
as a lot of Swiss folk will tell you, the purpose of the Carnival is
to shooh the Winter away, but we've been having the loveliest
weather for the last couple of weeks - So what's going to
happen now? We've already had our Spring in Winter - can
we now look forward to Winter during Springtime? I really
don't hope so.
Nevertheless, I think everyone who partook in the Carnival, yes
and even the thousands of visitors from near and far could
enjoy the festivities and not having to freeze their fingers to
the bone - as I do remember a few decades ago!


This year I've taken quite a load of photos, but I'm posting only
a few on the blog (THANKS BLOGGER FOR ALLOWING)

I'm a little lost for words, perhaps it's the excitement of blogger
being so nice about me posting so many pics, but I think these
pictures will speak for itself.

















To round it all off, here a few night scenes.














1 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

What a lovely carnival....looks fun. Reminds me a bit of Mardi Gras with the elaborate costumes.......do they offer some yummy treats to eat also.? I bought a King Cake here in Georgia for Mardi Gras, but it wasn't the same as the ones in Louisiana.....wasn't nearly as good.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home