gincoleaves

Dienstag, Februar 05, 2008

And there will be light, Eeeeh! Hot water!

Taking a bath in steaming hot water seems like the most natural thing to

do in this day and age, but for the past year and a half all of us had to be

content with a bath filled with luke warm water.

Not a very pleasant experience in a cold country, if I dare say so!



Althoug all the tenants have complained about our cold water situation,

and many visits from the craftsmen, we're still saddled with miserable cold water!!



We have a tenant living directly above us who comes from India, and

believe me if it wasn't for him (who doesn't care a monkey's about how

much cold water he lets out before he gets HOT water, we, who live in

the apartment right underneath him, won't even get the whiff of luke

warm water) because when he lets out tons of cold, it enables us down

under to feel warm water on our skins again!

For the life of me, I don't know what the craftsmen have been doing

when they tried to fix our water problem. IT REMAINED COLD!!



This morning we were all woken up with the sound of boring and

drilling, it was the craftsmen at work again!!!!!



Low and behold!!!

This must be a craftsman of another calibre, because he found the

problem!

With a song in my heart and a dance in my step, I can tell you,

AFTER A YEAR AND A HALF, WE HAVE HOT WATER AGAIN!!!
This afternoon when I took doggy dog for her walk, I saw the culprit
lying against the wall just outside our building, and being a blogger,
and thinking about things to write , I dashed upstairs to the
apartment to fetch my camera.
In the middle of the street I managed to take two pictures of the
rotted pipes that made our lives a total misery for so long, unfortu-
nately I completely forgot to take a picture of Fuji, my dog's face, she
looked at me with total disgust, she must have thought, "Wow, we
haven't even gone for a walk and now she's taking me back upstairs again...!"

Please click on the pic for a better view of the nasty little pipes!!









1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

OH MY GOSH!! A year without hot water?? How did you keep your sanity??? I can't even imagine not stepping into a hot water bath.Yes, I guess alot of us are spoiled in this world! Enjoy your new found pleasure!!!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home