gincoleaves

Mittwoch, Februar 06, 2008

Vampire Plant? ?

For some time now I've been wanting to post about the strangest plant
I've ever possessed in my entire lifetime!
I've searched the Internet for any available information about this
plant, but unfortunately I've had no success to the whereabouts of this
unique and most unusual flora.
As soon as the day light or even just the slightest bit of sun light
shines on this plant, it will droop and show signs of "help, I'm
dying of thirst in the bone dry desert " - as you can see on the top picture.

The moment it gets dark, the little begger will stand guard and it

looks like "he's" ready to spread "his" leaves, step right outta "his"

plant pot to hit the town and do his evil little thing!!!

Just look at the picture below, and you'll see what I mean!

Could this be an escaped convict from the dungeons of a Transylvanian prison,

or did someone steal this plant from Dracula's castle, - and yes, you've guessed

it, I was the one to take a fancy to the little bloodsucker, and buy it!!

If anyone out there in Bloggyland has any valuable information

about the whereabouts of this creepy little greenleaves - I will

appreciate and consider all comments!





6 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Well it definitely prefers the dark doesn't it. I have a plant that has a similar shaped leaf, but I don't know what my plant is called, and it doesn't seem to mind the light, so I guess they aren't related. I know very little about house plants, I am more the outdoors type planter. I have a few houseplants but never do know their names. haha

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

It looks to me like a prayer plant. It folds it's leaves up in the dark like it is praying, and in the Light it opens up wide!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

It does look like a prayer plant. I had one a long time ago, but I think I killed it with kindness. *grin*

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Nea: This plant is really spooky, sometimes it gives me the creeps, because when the light comes anywhere near it, the leaves will fold right down to the bottom of the pot - almost as if it's dying of thirst (I've tried everything with it) but one day I will find out the whereabouts of this uncanny plant!

Mary Lou: With your comment it seems as if the little vampire plant got promoted from Vampire to praying little Angel, LOL!

Keewee: Prins Charles talks to his plants, my Mom used to sing to her "tired" ones, I've threatened to dump it onto the street below, but it leaves the little Vampire stone cold! LOL!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ginco, I think the mystery plant is a Calathea Triostar, I looked through a lot of houseplant sites till I found a likeness. Take a look here and see if you agree. www.gpplantscape.com/allplant/pages
/Calathea%...

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, perhaps you'd better eat it before it eats you.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home