gincoleaves

Sonntag, Juni 10, 2007

Lime Blossom Lane

From the top to the bottom end our street is surrounded by
Lindenblüten trees.
I don't recall seeing this tree in South Africa, but in the North of America
it is known as the Lime blossom tree.
The tea made from this tree is a great favorite among the Swiss folk, and
I have heard that many a male picker has fallen off the ladder whilst picking
the blossoms from the trees. So, if the poor guy managed
to break an arm or a leg in the picking process - at least he could come
home from hospital to a freshly brewed cup of Lime blossom.
At a certain time of year the Lime blossom trees will shed a sticky
substance, and every single car parked underneath it will be
covered in "glue". You will need quite a bit of "elbow grease" to remove
that unpleasant stuff off the car!
But then again, at this time of year (mid June) the blossoms will
make us forget about it's nasty side, and leave us with the
most wonderful scent I have ever inhaled - pure heaven to the nostrils!
I am rather curious as to why this tree is just good enough to
squeeze out a cup of tea only, what about a Lime blossom Body
Lotion - I will be the first to stand in line to purchase my bottle of
Eau de Toilette de Lime de Blossom!!!
But who knows, perhaps I'm living behind the moon and there is such
a perfume on the shelves.
If anyone knows more than I do - please let me know! * * * * * * * * * *


7 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Katt said...

The gluey mess on your car sounds vaguely like the Curse of the Jacaranda blossoms but I don't recall anyone brewing a tea from it. Mind you, this is Africa, you never know.

Hey, maybe you could make your own body lotion. I am sure I can send you one of Auntie Margaret Roberts's recipes for herbal body lotion and you can improvise with lime blossoms. You interested? I can see a whole cottage industry developing here:

Gingco Leaves' Lime Blossom Body Lotion - when you want to pamper your skin!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Phyllis said...

I googled lime blossom lotion and found that (of course) the French has a product.

http://www.bizrate.com/skincareproducts/oid516474042.html

http://www.jomalone.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?ngextredir=1&CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY6524&PRODUCT_ID=PROD6456

http://www.amazon.com/Matis-Lime-Blossom-Lotion-Toner/dp/B00097AN1U

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Sigma said...

I havent come across this particular brand of flora before, but from the pic it looks such a beautiful. delicate green!
Best of luck with your beauty-products range ;-)

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Neoma said...

Sounds heavenly.....I have a small citrus on the front porch, and when it is in bloom....the smell is so wonderful. But I have to keep it small, because it would freeze here, and then that would be the end of it. I had a Myers Lemon, planted it in the yard, and it would die right down to the roots each year. I finally gave up on it.

Lime blossom lotion sounds like a winner......

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

I have never heard of this tree but the picture is sure nice. I don't know about that lotion thing! I think I will pass, thanks!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

A very pretty tree, but oh the mess on our cars. That gooey stuff is hard to clean off.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Phyllis: Thank you kindly for the information, I will definately look into the fragrant matter.

Thanks to all the lady bloggers and your perfumed comments.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home