gincoleaves

Montag, Mai 21, 2007

Stone Cold Faces

Statues and sculptures can be seen all over our town, some are


really strange and weird looking, but this particular


one brings me to a halt everytime I see it.


It shows 2 figures moulded into 1 very large sculpture.


Hiding right behind this guy, who poses in a rather laid back position,


you will find this very thin and hungry looking man.
I can read his thoughts "Food glorious food, hot sausage & mustard!"



What amuses me about this one is the inscription, it describes the little


boy - FRANZ WILDE born in 1895, as a lazy scholar, instead, he prefers


teaching the dog a trick or two.





This stone sculpture was erected directly after World War 2, and it is


situated in a Park not very far from where we live, and because it is


my personal favorite, I will stop and look at the Lady who should be


stressed out, but instead, she has the look of serenity on her face.




For an even better view, don't forget to click on the pic.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Sigma said...

uh uh! I agree that they are rather strange! All in the name of art ? ;-)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I often wonder what was on the mind of various artists when I see their work. Though I remember creating some rather "interesting' pieces of art when I was at High school.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

You live in such a interesting neighborhood. I love all your parks and the statues are wonderful. Just what does the lady with the children trying to climb up represent? The thin man is a wonderful two sided statue! Hostagirl

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home