gincoleaves

Sonntag, Mai 27, 2007

Discovery Lane.

This picture shows a part of our ALTSTADT, the Old Town, which



is not far from where we live, and it is called Nadelberg. The steep hill going down, leads directly into the heart of the city,
from the Nadelberg, only a 7 minute walk.



click on the picture you will see the 3 attic windows and



a small balcony. Those places are known to be very cold during



Winter time, and it also gets extremely hot in the Summer.



On both sides of this narrow little street, you will find all kinds of


gift shops, and because most of these buildings are situated in the


Old City, and most of the buildings are dating back to 1500, rent-


ing an Apartment here will be extremely expensive.







On my way back from a trip into town, I stopped in front of this rather
old and


dilapidated entrance, the gate was open, and that's when I discovered



the beautiful view staring at me - so I walked down the narrow entrance



and into this piece of Heaven. Bold as brass, I walked right through the



gate to have a closer look, and I was thrilled to bits to find a little magic



in the heart of the city.



I have walked past this entrance on many occasions in the past, but



was never tempted to have a closer look, and living in Europe, we are



inclined to bypass most of the sights, which will not be ignored by a tourist.



When I saw the lovely trees and lush plants looking through the

lane, I promised to return

on Sunday, but this time with my camera at hand.














When I walked through the narrow entrance, I noticed that the whole



area was laid out with very old cobble stones.






It was ever so peaceful in here, all I could hear were birds
singing softly in the trees, almost as if they didn't want to

disturb the golden peace and quiet of the day.




A few Apartments nestling in amongst the many trees,


have a closer look, there's even a Fig tree.




Before I took this picture, I just stood there on the cobble



stones admiring this peaceful place. If you click on the pic, you will



see a lamppost, slightly bent, just look at that Virginia creeper, it has



wrapped itself around the entire lamppost.





I would love to live in such a beautiful and peaceful setting, instead of



being bombarded by dirt and dust due to the street works, which will be
our daily aggravation for many more weeks to come.















5 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

What a lovely treasure to find. It does pay to explore now and again.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

What a wonderful treasure you have discovered! I too enjoy finding unusual places. Thanks for the great photographs of you adventure.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger steve said...

yes they are very nice pictures indeed makes me want to take another holiday

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Phyllis said...

That reminds me of "The Secret Garden". I would love to have my backyard looking like that but it takes alot of hard back breaking work which I am not ready (or able) to do, so I will just admire other's yards.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Imagine build in 1500......they must be very well built. The building are so beautiful as is the landscape. And cobblestones....wow. This is indeed a sight to behold.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home