gincoleaves

Montag, Oktober 30, 2006

Let's Eat at the Annual Fair.

Basel's Annual Fair dates back to the 15th century.
The Annual Fair always starts 14 days before St. Martin's Day -
11November. At the stroke of noon on the Saturday before 30 October,
the traditional Fair Bells of St. Martin's Church rings to signal the start
of the event.
The amusement lasts for 14 days and people come from far and
wide to enjoy the brightly-lit fairground.
Years ago - in my teenage years - we used to go to the fun fair in a large
group and I've always managed to come up with a suitable
excuse (and got away with murder!) NOT to go on any of those crazy
rides.
Today, I make no bones about the fact that I'm dead scared to "enjoy"
the "thrills" of fun fair rides at HAIR-RAISING heights.
I don't have a fear of heights, and I'm not afraid of going in an
air-plane, on the contrary, I'm off for the ride as soon as the helicopter
comes my way.
But my biggest wish of all is to glide over the roof tops in an air-balloon!
Until such time, come along with me, and I'll show you something
just as nice!
Delicious Turkish honey! I cannot resist the smell and the taste of Roasted Almonds.
Shall we have some chocolate coated fruit on a stick?
If your stomach's roaring with hunger, let's go for the traditional
Cheese tartlets.

Perhaps something more exotic - something Asian!
How about something pretty to brighten the Winter months ahead!
Perhaps another time, I'll take good care of your personal belong-

ings down here.

3 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

What fun, I love fairs, especially all the different food.

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Katt said...

This looks lovely - all the food! My hips are swelling again.

By the way, if you want to float over the rooftops I can offer you something better than a balloon when you are in SA again... no, no drugs of any kinds. You will have to look me up.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Keewee, that's the main reason I visit the fun fair!

Katt, I know what you're up to - you wanna frighten the pants off me in one of those air planes - will you be flying?? Whoopy!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home