gincoleaves

Freitag, September 15, 2006

Quick and Easy for Friday Night.


APPLE RING
200gr flour
2 level teaspoons baking powder
grated rind of 1 lemon
70gr margarine
pinch of salt
2 large apples , peeled and cut into small pieces
1 handful raisins
1 handful chopped nuts
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon mixed spices
Pastry.
In a mixing bowl place the flour, salt baking powder and lemon rind,
now add the margarine and mix (with fingertips) until it
resembles fine bread crumbs.
Add a little milk to the flour and marg. mixture.
Work to a smooth dough. Place in fridge for 1 hour to rest.
Peel and cut the apples in small pieces, add the raisins and a
the juice of 1/2 orange.
Bring the apples to a boil, I like to add 1 tablespoon honey to the apples.
Add the spices, let it all simmer for about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Role out the dough in an oblong form and cover the raw dough
with 1 tablespoon of honey.
Spread the cooked apple mixture onto the dough, sprinkle the nuts
over the apples.
Gently roll up the dough with apples on it.
Twist the form into a circle.
Brush the dough with milk and cut a few slices into the ring.
Bake in the middle of a preheated oven for 30 to 35 mins.
170°C.
Combine 2 tablespoons of icing sugar with a little milk and
dribble over the baked and cooled apple ring.
This is quick and easy - and always good!!

7 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Oh ! girlfriend, slobber drool, that looks so delicious and I have not had my breakfast yet.
I'm heading for the kitchen, there has to be something good to eat out there.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

I am going to have to try some of these recipes you keep postng, you know, to develop my cooking skillz. They really do like quite nice!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, a cook "et toi" Gincoleaves? ;)

I'll be reading back through your postings... ;)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Katt said...

You should be able to hear my stomach growling all the way in Switzerland.

You do this to torture me, don't you?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

Oh my gosh, you are making me SOOO hungry!!! I can't wait to try this one.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Sigma said...

This looks so soooo yummmmmyyy !!
I am not a good hand at cooking such special delicacies, and anyway dont have an oven. Can't you attach the pie in an email and send it over to me :-D

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

ooh that looks yummy! been baking myself with the children done simple carrot cake buns not as exciting as yours.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home