gincoleaves

Donnerstag, Dezember 20, 2007

Let's do it the French way

Christmas is around the corner, and I haven't bought a single
present for anyone in my family!
This morning I went down town, with not a clue what to buy.

Two Sundays before Christmas, we're given the opportunity

to shop from 1pm to 6pm, which is an extra day for people like me

who shop for that last minute gift.

I don't like buying last minute presents - because it's never the right present.

This year, I think I can blame it on the fact that we arrived back from SA

almost at the end of November and I never realized that I have to move my-

self and get ready for the big Christmas shopping.

So this morning I went down town to have a little look see.

I strolled, looked around and searched for a few hours then

give it up as a bad job.

I decided to go into one of our town's largest bookshops in search of

an English book on embroidery ideas.

(I will post a few of my favorite things and my most loved hobby in

the new year.)

As this is a very large book store, I felt rather lost as where to

start searching, I found a shop assistant who directed me to the English

book department, but

on every ocassion, I was lead a little astray, so the fourth assistant

was nice enough to take me directly to the Dept. where I wanted to be.

When I thanked her for helping me but "Please where are the English

books?" she gave me a surprised look and said,

"Sorry, we don't have these books in English, unless you've ordered

something?!"

Neither my disappointment nor hers could save the day!

Back on the cold and busy street, I licked my wounds for not finding

one single English book in the bookstore, and stepped into the KIOSK

(the place to buy cigarettes, assorted sweets/ chocolates, newspapers

and magazines) and bought the December issue of MARIE CLARE.

A wonderful magazine, jam packed with super ideas for those who

love embroidery and handcrafted goodies !

I don't feel so bad about this glorious magazine being published only

in French - if English is not available, I'll just

geeev it a try, in zeee French waay!

C'est si bon !

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

Oh, that magizine sounds like a great find! I am looking forward to your crafting projects in the new year!!! Merry Christmas!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home