gincoleaves

Donnerstag, November 29, 2007

Friends Reunited

On a much happier note I would like to share some photos of
the meeting with my "old" friend and her daughter on the first
morning we got to see one another after a handful of years.
As two very young girls we worked together for the same
company, and we became great buddies.

Soon after each one of us got married, our paths seperated, we've
been in constant contact with one another for a number of years.
What a happy reunion this has been, and the pictures here
will be forever treasured.

When I told my friend that I will be splashing her picture all over the
Internet, she only laughed!
Even though we've been seperated for many years, our friendship
has stood the test of time.
This poor family has definately gone through some bad times, be-
cause her husband was shot through the face in broad daylite, and
directly after the traumatic experience, my dear friend got cancer.
As if things weren't bad enough, her Son was hijacked and held
hostage for a couple of hours and was released only after they managed
to get an amount of money from him.
Until this day I don't know what changed their minds not to shoot
and kill her Son.


South Africa will always remain my country of birth, and no
matter how homesick I may be at this very moment, I doubt if
I'll ever return to my country of origin - simply due to the
daily crime.

My very bestest friend seen here in the white and pink, and yours
truly Gincoleaves in the red.





4 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

It is such a wonderful thing to visit with our best friends.I am so happy for you that you were able to make this journey.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Sigma said...

Glad that you had a happy reunion with your dear friend. I must say that she has definitely gone through a lot ....
How was your trip over all ?

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

How horrible to hear about your friends experience whilst living in SA. I'm glad that you had your reunion whilst visiting homeland!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

It's so wonderful to see friendships that last the test of time. Keewee and I have also had to be long distance friend but we know we will also be friends forever. It's so good to see that you two can be together one more time.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home