gincoleaves

Samstag, September 15, 2007

Sandcastles by the Sea !

Where are the days when we tagged along with
Mom and Dad for a day or perhaps a 3 week holiday down to the
beach ?
I clearly remember the excitement of getting into my swimming
costume and a pair of soft rubber sandals, and of course armed with a
colourful bucket and spade - all rough and ready to build the
largest sandcastle anyone has ever seen!
Oh gone are those carefree days of childhood bliss - collecting
pretty shells or running away as fast as you can because there's a
big wave coming at you.

But just take a look what is done on the beach today !
Can something like this be fun or sheer bliss?
I have seen pictures of people creating the most wonderful
ice sculptures.
Sheer bliss?
I will worry non-stop about my precious sculpture melting away.
Perhaps I'm a worry wart but if I could create sandcastles such as
these, I will worry myself silly about the tide coming in or that some-
one will overlook my work of art and come driving along at breakneck
speed in his beach buggy - and poof, it's all gone!!

But,

No matter what I think or do, just enjoy the pictures because
I do believe this is truly a wonderful work of art ! ! !

Do click on the pics for a much better view,














4 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

WOW! they are fantastic, thanks for sharing those!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

It never fails to amaze me the sculptures people make out of a pile of sand.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

They really are amazing, I think I'd be inclined to mix a little cement in with the sand though. I too would worry about them being swallowed by the sea.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

Amazing sculptures. But I think they make them well out of the way of waves or people :-)

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home