gincoleaves

Montag, September 10, 2007

Scrap yard Sunday.

What in this world could be worse than going for a Sunday drive - and your
darling little vehicle decides to strike?!!!!
About 30km away from home our car decided to break down - Alternator
problems.
Just as we were driving up a steep hill on a sharp bend, she stopped smack
in the middle of the road.
Mr. CC jumped the battery, and "Bob's your uncle" we were mobile again,
but Bob didn't want to be our uncle, and we no sooner drove out of the little
village and into a rather dark forest when "Madam" decided to strike again.
Once again she received a good "jump" dosage and we were on the
road again! !
This little "Madam" just waited until we were in the middle of a traffic jam
when she decided "It's showtime again!" and striked like a donkey who
needed carrot encouragement.
I have lost count of how many times Mr. CC jumped the battery so we
could be out of the traffic and out of trouble.

To drive from one small town to another usually takes about 15mins.
but the whole palaver took us 2 solid hours of embarrasment
by stopping, pushing the car off the road and jumping the battery to enable
us to get a little forward and to stay out of everyone's way and to get
to the nearest town so we could find some sort of help.

I was totally amazed by the behaviour of our fellow humans.
Instead of offering assistance of any kind, we received a lot of
abusive words coming from passengers sitting safe and snuggly in their
cars.
I have never felt so embarrassed in all my life!
At one stage I was ready to sit in a nearby corn field and sob
my heart out!

After many frustrating hours we reached a larger town and Mr. CC parked
the car in the visitors parking bay, right in front of a large complex.
What a relieve to be safe and soundly out of everyone's hair!
After this major breakdown we sure earned ourselves the grand
title of MENACE ON THE ROAD!

We decide to take the train back home because "Madam was done for the day"

We asked a pedestrian to direct us to the train station, and because we
were sent into the wrong direction, we walked for miles !
Pedestrian N° 2 also sent us up the garden path.
Boots are made for walking and one hour later pedestrian N°3
directed us into the sunset - the train station! ! !

By the time we reached the station, Mother Nature was calling
loudly - I was desperately in need of a Restroom!
The train was on it's way so I made a bee line to the public toilet.
"Sweet Mother of Mercy, tell me this isn't happening! ! !"
The toilet door was locked ! ! !
I spotted a little Restaurant across the street and took off like a
Renegade in search of a bathroom.
The train's on it's way and I've got the Niagra Falls hot on my heels!
Close to tears I shared my dilema with the young waitress and "Please,
it's urgent, may I use your bathroom?"
Cool as a cucumber sandwich she said I can use the bathroom if I will
pay a fee - because I wasn't
a customer !
The shock of being refused entry into the place of relieve, and the
shock of having to cross her palm with silver stalled my urgent
call of nature, and I ran right out of the Restaurant, just in time to get onto
the train that will get me to my safe haven - home!

My horror story ended the moment I found a glorious loo on
many wheels! !



Here a picture of the little monster that turned our Sunday drive into
a nightmare!



4 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

Ginco, you encredible story caused me to bend over with laughter! I too have been on such a trip. Yes, it is amazing how rude our fellow humans can be to some one in distress. But not to worry, their turn will come. You sure are a good writer! That's a wonderful story! Sorry about your poor car..is she allowed to return home?

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

Sorry to hear of your horrid time, I had a similar problem about a month ago in the supermarket car park, with just me and a random stranger push starting my mothers car. It was also an altenator problem.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Great story my friend, I felt as though I was riding along with you and feeling your distress. Doesn't it feel grand when everything has been fixed on our vehicles, and they are back to trouble free driving?

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

Oh, you poor dear. It must have been terrible. And I know, how frustrating it is when the mother nature is calling, and there is no loo in sight.

Am coming here after a long while, though I kept checking your posts on the reader. Hope you are all fine.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home