gincoleaves

Sonntag, Mai 06, 2007

Let me take you through the streets......

On Saturday it rained non-stop - the first rainfall since our early spring
made it's welcome
appearance, but when I woke up early this morning, the sky was blue
and the day looked promising, so we decided to take a trip into town and
see what's new - through the eye of the camera.
I love a trip downtown during the week, but believe me, that's just when
I'll see something blog worthy, and the camera is sitting snugly at home.
This is Bärfusser platz (barefoot place) in the heart of town
If you click on the pic you will see the old artwork on
the walls of the building in the center of the photo.


Some more artwork, but this one is my favorite. I think this could have been

food store once apon a very long time ago.
Note the writing on the wall --
coffee, tea and sugar, right above the old clock. But today there are people
living in those appartments - and I do believe they're paying an arm and a
leg on rental, or, perhaps a well to do Swiss bought the whole block.




Whatever is an icy picture doing here on a beautiful day such as today?
This is what the fountains below look like during the Winter time. It's
a sight for sore eyes, and this will happen every year - even if the temps
don't reach freezing point. This is only a postcard picture, but I will be
back with icy pictures of my own when Father Frost comes to town again.



These are the most unusual (and ugly) fountains I've ever seen, created
by an artist called Jean Tinguely, but there must be something magical about
these strange looking creatures, because people come from far to see the
Tinguely fountains and the Tinguely museum.




Well, the sightseeing trip to town is over (for now) and this is the
road that takes me back home, it's a pleasant 12 minute walk,
or if I'm tired of trekking through the town, I can hop on the next tram
which goes up the steep hill and takes me home.
The brown building in the center of the road is a High school for girls
only. The building directly behind Mc Donalds, was a prison, but now no
more. The building has received a facelift and will no longer hold you
prison, but will keep you entertained for many hours on end by local
and international musicians.

5 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I so enjoy looking at your pictures of all these beautiful old buildings.If only the walls could talk, imagine the tales we would hear.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

I sure like the pictures you are posting. I like to imagine myself walking these beautiful streets! So sorry you too, have to put up with a McDonalds!!:0) What a wonderful day you had.

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Sigma said...

Lovely pics Ginco! Looks like a nuce day to venture out in the town :-)

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Katt said...

These are so pretty! I love the artwork on that building.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome pics, beats the hell out of my local town!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home