gincoleaves

Montag, Dezember 11, 2006

I haven't been around!



What a dreadful week this has been, I'm so tired I could

fall asleep standing up!

I wasn't able to blog but girl-child persuaded me to switch on

the computer and look into a few blogs just to get my mind off

"things!"

but whatever you've seen

and read, are pictures and posts I've saved on

blogger for a rainy day, well, I must have had a "good nose" be-

cause that rainy day arrived quicker than expected!

Quite unexpectedly, my husband Mr. CC spent the last few days

in the Hospital's intensive care unit.

I won't go into detail about it here, if I do so at this moment,

I certainly won't be able to write this post, but due to the

helluva scare and nerve wrecking moments which

accompanied me these last few days, my nerves are frayed

I'm crying like a waterfall and I'm suffering from lack of sleep.

Girl-child spent last week-end with us but when I

'phoned and informed her about the news, she practically

dropped everything, packed an overnight case, and made the

trip from Zürich to be with me as fast as she can, she left home in

a frantic hurry -

the poor kid forgot completely to pack her toothbrush.

By Friday morning we managed to laugh about it, but that

was easily remedied ( buying her another toothbrush)

As yet, I have never set foot or paid a visit to anyone lying in

the Intensive care, but I believe it may be easier to enter the

Fort Knox than to get inside something as an intensive care unit.

Firstly you must sterilize your hands by using a disinfecting

soap, followed by a disinfectant spray.

After that you will ring a bell on the largest steel door I have ever

seen. A nurse opens the door " Guten tag, and what's your name"

I will answer with "Guten tag, I'm Mrs. CC"

Nurse: "Who do you want to see?"

I will answer "My husband, Mr. CC"

Nurse: "Please wait a moment, I'll check to see if I'm allowed

letting you through" and then she closes that steel vault and

you're left standing there with your heart in your throat.

Waiting for the nurse to get back to us was ALMOST the

hardest part, because she said to wait A MOMENT, but

the moment turned into the longest 10 to 15 minutes!

Although we are living in Switzerland ( and this hospital is

situated only 15 minutes away from where we live) I was

very surprised to find that almost three quarters of the Staff

in this Swiss hospital are people from Germany.

When I approached a staff member in the Swiss dialect, I

was answered in German, and

when I opened my mouth to speak German, the answer was given

in the Swiss dialect.

At the end of each day and visit, I was so confused and fatigued

switching from one language to another, I was heading for a

serious identity crisis!

When my husband was finally removed from "Fort Knox,"

I was ready to reserve a bed for myself!

Mr. CC is on the mend, and not only is he looking much better

but he's also very keen to come home.

Here we are,

almost at the end of the year, and we're all planning and

getting ready to enjoy the jolly Christmas celebrations, and

then the unexpected happens - to some of us!!

You must agree with me, life sure is strange!!

I don't know when I'll be blogging again, but when all goes

well and whenever I can turn off this waterfall....

I hope to be back soon again!

15 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

I certain hope your husband is better! take care:)

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

I certainly pray your holiday season turns out wonderful for all of you! I will be thinking of you.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

Oh Ginco, I had no idea, I was so sorry to hear of your Christmas disaster. Health issues at anytime are not good, but right at Christmas it can be especially upsetting. I won't ask what happened, to hear he was intensive care says it all, but I am so glad that he is getting better and out of ICU. I haven't been on the blog lately, so not sure when this all happened. Best wishes from me to you, I will be thinking of you.

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Sorry to hear your news. I hope things improve soon. Will be thinking of you.

 
At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

keep your chin up,I will be thinking about you all and I hope verything goes well

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

OMG! Thank goodness Mr Ginco is on the mend! I wouldn't complain about having German people in charge of Intensive care though, a very, very organised and careful people...

Flyingpops and I are sending our prayers...

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Sigma said...

OH Ginco ... I am so sorry to hear that. Hope your troubles are soon over, and Mr CC gets well very soon. All the very best wishes to all of you ....

 
At 6:24 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Aw, I am sorry to hear this!!! Heres hoping for a speedy recovery!! Will keep you and hubby in my thoughts!!!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Norma said...

Considering nosocomial infections, I am thankful they were so careful. Silly me, I thought the Swiss and German dialects were pretty much the same. I am so very sorry you have had such a scare, and thanks for letting us know so we can offer prayers for recovery and your strengthening.

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Oh Ginco, I am sorry you have been having such a horrible time lately. I am glad your husband is now out of intensive care and on the mend. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

I'm happy that things are looking better, hope all turns out well!

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Happy Wednesday! You've been tagged on my blog..come and see..:)

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Tina Dray said...

oh i hope your husband is feeling better ginco please send him my best wishes
take care of yourself!

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

Good to hear hubby's on the mend, and I'm glad you have girl child there to support you. Beaten by wifey as usual!

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Ginco, haven't been by recently, so sorry to hear about your husband and pleased he's on the mend. I hope you manage to have a great Christmas and look forward to your blogging in the New Year.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home