gincoleaves

Dienstag, August 01, 2006

The Swiss went Lost in Germany

Since 1891 the first of August has been celebrated as
SWISS NATIONAL DAY.
On the evening of the 31July, means bonfires and fire-
works.
As today is a holiday for all people living in Switzerland, it
is an excellent opportunity for people to visit Germany.
As many others, that's exactly what we did today, and the
German people went out of their way to welcome all the
Swiss visitors from far and near.
The shops were crowded, Bars , Restaurants and streets
were buzzing with activities to amuse and please everyone.
Here is a picture of a group of Real Swiss Alphorn Players!!!


Here is a group of Male singers from Russia, unfortunately the
picture turned out rather blurry. The man standing very
close to the Accordion player, has the most beautiful
voice. Whenever I come across street Musicians like
these, I forget to shop.
This is a window dresser's impression of white cows grazing in the red
Grass.
The man with the mean stare and horse rider from the rear end.
On the way back to the car park, I found another water
fountain (completely dried out) with a statue of a
man with an extraordinary mean expression on
his face, and watching the horse rider.

Please click on the pic to see THAT face!

6 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Julie K said...

Interesting blog

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Sure would not like to meet him in a dark alley.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger steve said...

he looks like he just lost a tenner and found a fiver .
bloody good pics though you are getting very good

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

Great photo's, for me it is Yorkshire day today, but we didn't get the day off work.....bah!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Thanks for the visit, poodlekiss.

Keewee: My child would say "I,ll
drop my purse and run" Haahaaha!

Steve: That guy will show an evil
face even if he finds a 100 Pound
note, and about getting good, Mmm,
I try me very best, LOL!

Kevin: Real shame you couldn,t loaf around - for that one special day!!!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

He looks a bit like me in the morning lol. But I'm on a diet, shame I can't do anything about the face though

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home