gincoleaves

Samstag, Juli 29, 2006

Good bye my friend, it's time you Go!


While Mr. CC was at work this morning
I took the time and baked a Sacher cake
when he came back we ate a light lunch,
had one last cuppa and left the house. I
knew exactly what I wanted to shop for,
but Mr. CC had no idea. (he he he)
Let me tell you something here, this man
has a cupboard full of trousers, but the
LOVE OF HIS LIFE is an old pair of jeans,
frayed at the bottom and really, it's seen
better days, but will the man listen to
reason?
Will the man see his trousers flapping in
tatters? NO!
I have argued, begged and pleaded with him not to wear those scruffy's, all the more
reason for him to defend those war torn things, by saying "Nothing wrong with my jeans"
or "It's my best pair" or "But these are sooo comfortable!"

I practically dragged him into the shop, Oh! he doesn,t mind shopping, as long as no-one
touches his jeans!
Now, this is where you gotta be crafty!
I pretended to shop for myself, but slowly and ever so gently I waltzed him
over to the Gents Dept.
While he wasn,t looking, I sellected a few pair of jeans in his size and style, and caboodled
him into the changing room.
Before he realized what was happening, I purchased two pair of spanking new jeans.
Before I continue with this sad and sorrowful tale, I must tell you, the man has 3 pair
of jeans hanging comfortably in his cupboard - Black, light blue and stonewashed,
those guys are just good moth feed!

Now you must be saying "Is this woman to be saved? Why buy more jeans , when
he keeps running back to the old Glad Rags time after time again!"
When we returned home, I hemmed both the beauties, and when my work was
done, I told him to "SIT AND WATCH!"
I took the scissors and started snipping..............!

4 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

When I was married about three years, I went through Jim's closet and threw out all the clothes that he never wore, or were way too small for him. He came home and had a shit fit!! He had been carrying those around since Jr. High School, and thought he had to save them.

OOPS, well he tried to pull them out of the trash but I had snipped the buttons off and cut out the zippers to re-use! TEEHEE!!!

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Katt said...

Oooh, I like the scissor action. And Mary Lou's style.

I have experienced the same problem with men in my life. My ex-boyfriend had an AWFUL grey jersey that he slept in. When it became tatty and ugly he plain refused to throw it away. Eventually it was bid a tearful farewell when the neck band finally came loose and strangled him every night.

Flyboy is the same. When I want to throw away his underwear that have started looking like sheer stockings, he refuses point blank. Impossible!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

It's certainly *A guy thing* Mr.C has the same hold on clothes that have been around since the stone age. But it seems that some of them seem to disintergrate in the washing machine, well, that is my story and I am sticking to it.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Bazza said...

From a mans perspective I think you have a valid point, however if I suggested spending as much on clothes as my wife does she would probably say "ok dear you keep your comfortable jeans for a couple more months, I've seen a nice pair of shoes I'd like". As for the scissors bit, that brought tears to my eyes.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home