gincoleaves

Dienstag, August 29, 2006

The Mystery is Solved



This strange looking contraption left me NO PEACE OF MIND!

It was a case of curiosity almost killed this cat, so we went

back to where I last saw and took the photo. We found a

gardener and he gave a detailed explanation to the

two NOSEY PARKERS!

To protect the WILD BEES against the winter cold, farmers

and gardeners will cut suitable chunks of tree trunks, drill lots

of holes into the pieces of wood. Many small pieces of

bamboo shoots are also cut and firmly placed together (the

housy shaped frame will hold it all neatly together)

This now allows the WILD BEES to settle snugly during

the cold winter months.

Soon the bees will make themselves comfortable for the

freezing months ahead, so on that buzzing note I want to

thank all of you who shared in the guessing game with me,

BUT, I won't be in the dark about the strange looking housy's

whenever I come across them, ever again!

To see a better picture: http://www.wildbienen.de/

3 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Yay! now we know.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Phyllis said...

Well we figured it had to have something to do with bees!
Now we know! That is strange. Hmmmm.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

ah, a bee condo.....haha. I have seen similar for the butterflies.......

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home