gincoleaves

Samstag, August 19, 2006

Discovery of the Day

We had a rather busy morning spending time in IKEA (no I didn't
leave money with the Swedish chain store - I only went there to
collect my yearly Birthday present which is due rather soon) Once
again the present is another shopping bag from Ikea, but this
time it,s a lovely one.
I remember collecting my present last year - also a bag, but what
a disappointment, the bag had an extremely strong plastic odour
to it.
I left it on the back seat of the car, and in no time I had a drumming
headache from it.
Not thinking any further, we carted the bag into the flat, and in no
time I had the feeling EVERYTHING was reeking of
plastic - and so the birthday prezzie ended up in the garbage bin.
The first thing I did today after the Ikea assistent placed the bag into
my hands was to take a sniff - well, I wish you could have seen her face.
The year before last, I received an ice cream cake - what a treat that
was, but since that last cake treat, it,s only been plastic shopping bags.
After our Ikea trip, we drove all the way to Germany to do
some good wholesome food shopping.
After loading the goodies into the boot of the car, we stopped at
a Chinese Restaurant to make a booking for next week - safe is safe -
because people are saying the food is good in that particular Restaurant,
and we don't want to pitch without a booking only to go home hungry!
When we got home, we loaded Fuji into the car with the intention
of finding a green patch for her to have a good run -because she had
to stay home while we went shopping for foodies. (that's one of the
words she loves to hear in her doggy language!)
That's when we discovered the Rehabilitation Centre for Paraplegics
not far from where we live, and only 10 minutes away from the French
border, I still can't believe it! - it's been there all the time and we've
never seen it before!!


These two horses are a much smaller breed, but ever so cute.
I wonder which one is Evita and which is Puschka!
The sign says "Please don't feed them"