gincoleaves

Samstag, Juli 22, 2006

Pennies from Heaven


How many times have we seen money lying
on the street, and how often do we pick it up?
"Oh, I can,t be bothered picking up a 5cent
piece, not worth the effort" we say, and
we move on.
I know someone in SA who simply couldn,t
resist picking up a coin lying on the street.
I do remember the huge glass vase sitting
on her kitchen shelf, and in no time that
vase was filled to the brim with copper
and silver.
When she took the vase to the bank, she
collected almost Rand 300.

Years later, here in our town, I remember on
three occasions when the *Light of Fortuna*
was brightly shining down on me

I was doing the *walkies* with Pooch one
afternoon, when I found a note neatly
fold up and lying on the street in front of me,
200 French Franc.
Those were still in the good ol' days when
each country had their own currency.
I remember thinking "WOW! XMAS IN JULY!

Then it happened again as I made a hurried trip to
the Post Office, as Pooch was waiting faithfully
for my return, I sprinted home.
It was a Glorified Wonder that I did not step
right over the 20 Swiss Franc note lying
right in front of my feet.
The best was yet to come, when I got home, I
"inspected" my find, but I remember
thinking to myself "This note is very thick"
as I opened the note, out popped another
20 Franc. Once again I thought, "Wow, I
could get used to this!"

I was getting accustomed to the *Face of Fortune*

Then it happened again one Saturday mor-
ning , just as I got into the car, there was a
10 Franc note (once again neatly fold up)
lying next to the car, just off the sidewalk.
I think some guys never even missed the money
from their back pocket (neatly fold up)

But, the little *Fortune Light* is flickering dimly,
there's not a lost and forlorn paper note any-
where in sight!

3 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Blogger Bibi said...

...have to confess I never walk past a penny without picking it up. I throw those coins in a jar and last year, picked up $132.32 in lost coin. Don't even want to know what that says about me!! ;-)

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger steve said...

I must admit I pick everthing up as well I think if they can't look after it they don't need it.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Bibi: thanks for the visit.
The streets are paved with gold,
it just waits for us to take it
home! LOL!


Steve: But people are so care-
less, perhaps they have a little
tree in their garden.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home