gincoleaves

Dienstag, Juli 18, 2006

MANGO CHEESE CAKE

I was surprised to hear this
product is not available in the USA.
If my statement is incorrect, I
humbly apologize (I read it
on a website, only yesterday)
MEDIUM-FAT CHEESE CURD.
Perhaps another ingredient is used
for this recipe.
This recipe is dead easy, and I,d
like to share it with other members of the
"sweet tooth club".

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Mango Cheese Cake
Crush 200gr Petit Beurre cookies
With the fingers, work in 60gr margarine, till cookies resemble crumbs.
Place into a fatted DEEP glass dish, 22cm or 81/2inch, and press down.
Mango Cheese Curd Filling.
500gr medium-fat cheese curd
180gr creme fraisch
120gr sugar
1 pkt of vanilla sugar or a few drops of vanilla essence
4 eggs (seperated)
425gr tinned mangoes
30gr corn flour
METHOD
Seperate the eggs
Combine the curd, creme fraisch, the egg yolks
and the sugar.
Blend in the corn flour and vanilla essence.
Now add the pulped mangoes (I mash mine with a fork)
Beat the egg whites till stiff and add to the filling mixture (I use
only 4 tablespoons)
Blend in gently
Pour the filling mixture into the deep glass dish.
Place in a preheated oven 170°C and bake for 1hour and 15minutes.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and a 1/2 cup of crushed cookies(optional)
when cheese cake is completely cooled.
Chill in fridge for 1 hour before serving.








2 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger Katt said...

Damn you! Now I am so "lus."

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I wonder if they mean cottage cheese.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home