gincoleaves

Freitag, Juni 30, 2006

Shopping with a close encounter

We have a couple of holidays left before Mr.CC goes back to
work on Monday, so today I left my footprints all over
Germany again.

With every visit to the country of SAUERKRAUT UND BRATWURST,
I find myself behaving rather oddly.
My heart starts racing with excitement, and I get carried away like
a high-performance lawn mower outta control.

So much to see, so much to buy, well let,s go easy on the spending,
but it,s nice to know that whenever you need something "IT,S ALL THERE!!!"

Please, don,t read this wrong, I,m not a crazed maniac for shopping (no therapy
treatment needed - yet)
NO NO NO! NOT I. I,M OK -- REALLY!!

The real problem is, I can,t find much of anything in our town - as hard as I try!
I will spend hours of walking and searching for "all sorts," and wrecking my
shoes in the process - all in vain!
So I,m grateful for the opportunity to indulge in borderline shopping.

Something funny yet weird happened today.
Mr. CC suggested taking the trolley, filled with groceries back to the
carpark, and we could meet a little later in a certain department store (Oh no!
I can see you making big eyes now) but I behaved well and did not run riot anywhere!

I needed a cigarette break, so I left the building and headed for the Rhine river
which is only a few steps away from the shopping Mall

I had to cross a small Iron bridge to get to the water's edge, and I remember
seeing a metallic street sign -- PRIVATE NO ENTRY!
When I reached the river, I enjoyed my cigarette and even watched a group of
Swans swimming nearby.

As I walked back over the little bridge ( passing the street sign on my right hand side)
I noticed a bird flying past me (almost too close for comfort) the next moment
I heard a sound VAA DUMP!
I stopped, turned around, only to see this Blackbird sitting on the ground with
an expression of UH! DUH! WHAT HAPPENED!!!

The silly creature took a wrong turn and flew directly into the
PRIVATE NO ENTRY street sign, which left him comatozed for a
few seconds.

I just stared at the bird (in total disbelief)
and I was being OGGLED by Mr. Blackbird, in a most accusing way!!!

What a HEADBANGER!!




2 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger steve said...

that is sooo funny you would think they had more sense but then I am clumsy and my shins are full of scars from bumping into things at work

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

You shoulda' popped an aspirin in his beak while he was down.Ha Ha!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home