gincoleaves

Sonntag, Juni 25, 2006

I,m Back.

My stay in Zürich lasted a little longer, but Girl-child is doing
just fine!
The poor kid worried and panicked so much, and because her
skin is so fair, she ended up looking ever so pale, with dark rings around
those green "peepers".
She wasn,t going to stay longer in hospital than necessary , and I could
hear the threatening tone of THE GREAT ESCAPE in her voice.
I was not prepared to leave her alone at home, and she wanted me to
stay a little longer, SO I slipped into the role of "little private nurse"
and we enjoyed our time together, I even cooked up a few storms in the
kitchen, and tried my very best to entertain her with loads of laughs (she,s
normally the clown in the family)
The laughing and clowning around bit wasn,t always such a good idea, because
laughing is quite an ordeal when stitches are lurking and could come undone.
Nevertheless, we outsmarted the Doc`s needlework and carried on laughing ------
regardless.
Mr. CC had to be back at work on Thursday, so he took to the road like
a lonesome gypsey.
On Saturday afternoon Pooch and I took the train back home, now let me
tell you, my dog does not appreciate a train ride.
She sits on the floor and shakes like a jelly pudding, she feels fenced in and
can,t slobber saliva over my shoulder or cause chaos on the back seat.
As I got into the train with her, it was gangway to the nearest free seat
available.
I was seated opposite a male passenger who was reading a book and quietly
listening to music ......... all was fine, until I showed up with a dog doing the
SHAKE RATTLE N`ROLL.
I tried to settle her with familiar words of endearment, but it all fell on
deaf ears. The nervous vibrations continued.
Eventually she calmed down, but her fur was touching the feet of our male
passenger (wearing sandals)
The good man wasn,t impressed and I tugged the dog closer to me.
We settled down, ready to enjoy the train ride, when I noticed the look on
my co-passenger's face, his eyes said it all "KEEP THAT FUR BALL AT BAY!!"
Thank goodness our trip together didn,t last very long, because he got off the
train 15minutes later!
Pooch felt much better for having more room to herself, and I was
ever so happy to see the rear end of that person who wasn,t very Canine friendly.


6 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

welcome back, I am happy to hear your *girlchild* is OK.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Thanks Keewee, geez! so am I!

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Katt said...

Glad you are back! And I am envious of your girlchild! I also want to be nursed by a mom like you when I am sick.

As for the canine-phobes - show them a middle finger... would they understand that though?

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Katt, I,d love to pop over and wrap
you up in TLC!

Kiddo, that middle finger is an
International Lingo, LOL!!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

In NZ the two finger gesture was the on used, is that still understood by anyone other than the Kiwis?
I used it one time on my former husband and also called him a wanker. he asked me what I meant by that, I told him *that is for you to find out* I wonder if he ever did Ha, Ha,Ha

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger steve said...

I too am glad to hear eveything is ok with your daughter.
for those who don't know where the two fingered salute comes from.
it started way back when archers used to fight in battles like Agincourt. Before the fight began they would shout abuse and hold up their two fingers in defiance to the enemy showing the still had them to pull the bow string

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home