gincoleaves

Donnerstag, Oktober 11, 2007

An awful lot of pumpkin!

What on earth did this man in California, Half Moon Bay do to


harvest such a giant size pumpkin?


This beauty weighs 691 kg (1,524 pounds)


The Local paper says you could cook pumpkin soup that feeds at least


100 persons -- never mind the pumpkin soup, I'll be enjoying


pumpkins prepared with cinnamon and brown sugar, pumpkin pie, pump-


kin fritters and pumpkins every day ! !

I have turned "pumpkin orange" with envy !

6 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

Pumpkin, is something I have never tried, they say on the news that because of the recent floods here in the UK, there is going to be a pumpkin shortage this year, usually I wouldn't care less, but now I'm thinking, I may want to try some pumpkin!!!

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Katt said...

Maybe he grows food for the US Military?

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

Glad you are back on line ginco. I have seen several huge pumpkins on the evening news lately. They show these farmers treating these pumpkins like babies. Some even cover them up each night,feed them special vitamins,and even have special lighting for them! Those weight contests are a big deal in the USA.Most of the time the grower is a man...yeah, men and competion! sheezz!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

Wow! What a pumpkin ... must have pleased you just to see it ;-)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Ginco said...

Kevin: It's now or never - believe me you won't regret trying a mouthful of steaming hot pumpkin!!

Katt: Thank goodness I don't have to peel that monster.

Hostagirl: That explains the situation, but I wonder if these guys had to "change diapers" as well, will the pumpkins stand a chance.

Sigma: I am still drooling for a bite of the good stuff! :-)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That has to be Cinderella's coach without the wheels. Or perhaps someone has been'pumpkin'it up.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home