gincoleaves

Samstag, September 22, 2007

Showered with beer!

The picture above shows German football trainer
Ottmar Hitzfeld getting showered in beer, but I'm sure this happened
at the end of a successful football match.

At about 4pm this afternoon Mr.CC and I nipped into the super-

market - something I rarely do on a Saturday afternoon.

While we were waiting in the queue, I noticed the beer cans of

the customer standing in front of me, it was labeled IRISH STOUT.

For some unexplained reason I had the feeling that the guy was an

Englishman, because a Swiss citizen will seldom buy any other beer

than beer that is produced here in Switzerland.

He paid for his goods and moved a little away from me to pack his

purchases.

It was my turn to pay - and the next moment I felt an icy spray of

something very wet on my face, T shirt and the entire right side

of my body.

Not realizing that the AAAAH sound of utter disgust came directly

from my very own voice.

There is a saying here, thirst is worst than homesick, but this guy

must have had one helluva thirst because he decided to open a can

of thirst quencher, and heaven only knows what happened - it ended

up all over myself and the cashier.

After the first shock of the wet sticky and cold shower left me

I let him have it in the good English language.

I was pretty cheesed off about the smelly beer that clung to me as if I've

just arrived from a Happy Hour party, and the fact that I still had to

walk home covered in the colour of dark brown.

He apologized and offered to pay for my dry cleaning, but I refused his

kind offer and waved him away.

I really wonder if the dark brown stuff tastes like it smells, but

never mind.

What have I learnt today?

Don't go shopping on a Saturday, and don't ever stand too

close to a customer with a large thirst ! ! !

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Kev Brown said...

This guy must have been desperate,I hope he was not English, I hate it when we have ambassadors for our country acting like yobs in another land! I hope yourself and Mr CC managed to have a good day besides this incident!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Phyllis said...

That would have ruined my day and his! Being 20 years sober then drenched in stout, I'm afraid of what my reactions would have been. Right now I think I would pour the rest of his purchase over him!!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Sigma said...

Uh oh! I wouldn't have liked to be drenched in the market, even it was coke instead of beer!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home