gincoleaves

Montag, Juli 23, 2007

Please don't eat the Daisies!

San Francisco - A foul smelling orchid that flourishes only in
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK and was first collected in 1923 is a
distinct species, scientists announced Monday after evaluating the
flower.
Botanist Alison Colwell said the species' minute, tennis-ball
yellow flowers weren't what first led her to it, but rather
the smell of sweaty feet that the Yosemite bog-orchid emits
to attract pollinators.

This takes me back to the very first Spring when I first came to
live in Switzerland.
We were driving along the countryside - enjoying whatever
beauty the first signs of Spring had to offer, when I spotted a
field covered in pretty white daisies.
We stopped the car and I practically disappeared in amongst
the lovely blooms.
Both Mr.CC and I picked arms full of the delightful flowers.
For more than a week every room in our Apartment was
screaming "Look, more daisies!"
Every second day the vases were filled with fresh water, and
the daisies loved it!
But with each passing day as the daisies looked happier and healthier,
I was going greener around the gills because the entire Apartment had
an ungodly smell about it - the air was filled with the smell of
sweaty feet!!!!!
We searched high and low to find the evil-doer, but to no avail, I
was convinced the more we searched, the more the smell increased!
Out of pure desperation to find and destroy the stinking culprit I
ransacked the washing basket, in search for a pair of socks with
a very bad attitude!!!
Well, the smell lingered and the torture continued until the pair of
us finally detected the daisies with BAD BODY ODOUR !!

The moral of the story: Beware of pretty faced daisies overstaying
their visit ! ! !

4 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger mistaya's M.O.M. said...

Oh my gosh! As you see, not everything of beauty is so wonderful to have around!!! I too, have fallen victim to beautiful flowers only to find once they were in my home, to give off a very bad odor. I guess it keeps the wildlife away from them too!!!

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonym said...

Oh what a great shame. I do love to have beautiful flowers around but not badly smelling ones!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Katt said...

So one should actually take the sign "Don't pick the daisies" seriously then? :-)

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Many years aqo when I was on guard duty in the army, I had to give some drivers an early morning call. I went into the room and was hit by a wall of pong and I said to myself, "Blimey,Yosemite bog orchids"

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home