gincoleaves

Freitag, September 08, 2006

Oh What a Feeling!

Not quite the picture, but something similar I saw on
my way to the Post Office this morning.

There was this cat, lying smack in the middle of the street, it is
only a narrow side street, but a street where cars pass through.
I stepped off the sidewalk and headed for the cat to have a closer look
at what could be the matter - at that moment, all I could see was a
furry creature lying sprawled out but in a most peculiar position.
I stood hovering over the cat, inspecting the animal with the strange
behaviour, curling and rolling around in an odd sort of way.
He was rolling on the floor and he rubbed his head from side to side
as if being caressed - behaving in a similar fashion as my pooch does
when I gently scratch both her ears (if she could purr away, she would)
I bent slightly forward, bending my knees for a closer look, and that's when the
cat noticed me, he jumped back on all fours and made a fast getaway into
the nearest available garden.
I stood there looking very silly, but I noticed a wet spot on the ground
where the cat was doing the breakdance just seconds before, and I thought
to myself *Yip, that must smell very good indeed* to a pair of cat
nostrils of course!

I was reminded of my first encounter with a cat and a small bag
of cat-nip, this happened years ago in Vancouver, Canada, it was
a sight I'll never forget!!
If I think back of the uncontrollable laughter that cat caused me - It
surprises me, till this day, that my friend's carpet wasn't soiled by a
large wet spot!!


By the way, there is cat-nip in the bottle!

5 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Mary Lou said...

I GROW Catnip, ANd my cats and a spoiled rotten CANADIAN Cat go gaga over it!! Want some?

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

I just love to watch a cat with catnip, talk about a feline druggy, the glazed eyes, the rolling on the floor etc. Sooo funny to watch.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Mary-Lou: If I had a cat, I'd grab the offer!

Keewee: Now you can imagine how drugged with laughter I was when I
saw that performance for the very first time!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Neoma said...

so funny. I have watched a cat with catnip......I think it is kittie "weed" or something... they get plumb silly......

Is that your cat with the jar.....aren't cats funny, I get such a kick out of mine.

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Ginco said...

Nea: No, this is not my kitty cat,
with Fuji and a cat under one roof, WOW, there would be chaos!!

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home